Monalise and Rafael

I turned around slowly wanting this all to be a terrible dream that Rafe would wake me up from so that we could cuddle against each other.

But as I made eye contact with Levi, I realized this was very real. The man who had made my life a living hell over the past few months was here, in the flesh, and I was powerless in his home with a man that couldn't care less whether I lived or died.

He looked bigger than the last time I saw him. He let his beard grow full and thick but just enough that it didn't look unkept. Although his skin was slightly darker, I could tell his cheek was bruised a deep shade of purple like he had just gotten out of a fight. He was still handsome, I couldn't deny that but I was repulsed by his actions and the man he was.

He killed Ana, and then tried to kill me and my husband as well as numerous people we had working for us.

"Did he hurt you?" He tucked the gun away in his waist band before walking in my direction. "That was my one rule. Don't hurt Mona."

His eyes gave my body a one over looking for the tiniest of scratches Oscar could have given me.

I kept my eyes on him while I slowly backed away. I was afraid if I looked away, he'd make a sudden movement and I'd be trapped with him forever.

"She's fine. She just needs to get cleaned up. Right, Mona?" Georgie answered.

I didn't answer.

Levi eyes turned into slits as they focused on him. I could sense his annoyance heavy in the room. "Mr. Accardi, thank you for getting her here safely in one piece. You're free to go."

Georgie glanced at me quickly before looking back at Levi. He rolled his shoulders back in a threatening stance. Whatever he was about to do, he wanted to do it with dominance. I wasn't sure how that was going to help either of us while we stared at evil incarnate. "That wasn't the deal. As long as she's here, I stay."

He smiled and I swore I saw the devil in his eyes. "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I can change the terms of that deal anytime, Mr. Accardi." His hands toyed with his waistband where the gun lied. "She's safe with me. You have my word."

I moved to stand in front of Georgie, trusting that Levi didn't want me hurt in this moment. He wouldn't shoot me to get to him.

Levi chuckled. "Well, well. You betray her and she still protects you. A woman with a heart of gold. Exactly why I couldn't just let her go."

Georgie stepped in front of me with a threatening stance. "I'm only helping you to save my family. I don't work for you and I'm not switching sides. So, as long as Mona is here, she's not leaving my eyesight. Besides, your men shot at a car she was in and hit her with one of your bullets. Why would I believe you won't hurt her?"

Levi peeked behind him to look at me. His face softened and I swear I saw the Levi I knew when we first met at the auction. Who knew months later we'd be here?

"Fine. You can stay." He gave me a smirk. "By the time I tell her how I got you to flip on her husband, she won't want you here anyways."

I watched from behind as Georgies shoulders dropped, seemingly in disappointment and embarrassment. I hadn't forgotten his betrayal, I just preferred to stick with the enemy I knew rather than the one I didn't.

"Let take this inside, hm? I bet you're hungry, Mona."

Right on cue, my stomach growled obnoxiously. I figured after I threw up, I'd be hungry right after. "Levi..."

My voice was shaky but stronger than I thought would come out. "Please. Rafael is looking for me right now and when he finds you, he'll kill you. Just let me go, and we can both walk away from this still alive."