Monalise and Rafael

It was finally Friday and I was itching to get away from everything for the weekend. I held Arlene in my arms swaying her little body side to side. Her eyes were getting heavier and heavier with my movements. I knew she'd fall asleep at any moment.

Sophia laid on the couch with her eyes closed. She practically begged me to come over after my class. Her excuse was that she missed me and wanted to see me. I knew it was because she knew she could nap for a little while, since I was so good with her daughter.

I looked down to see that Arlene was sleeping. Being careful, I walked her over to her bassinet and set her down. I watched over her for a little bit to make sure she wasn't going to open her eyes.

My phone rang in loudly from my purse, causing her to stir. As quickly as I could, I walked to my purse and fished out my phone. I picked up when I saw that it was Rafael calling me.

"Hey."

"Sei pronto, amore mio?" (Are you ready, my love?)

I knew what that meant from hearing it so much.

"Yes, everything is packed," I bit my lip and smiled, "I'm with Sophia right now, but I should be home within the next hour."

"Perfect. I'll have Santiago come pick you up and bring you to the private jet."

"Okay, I'll see you then."

I hang up with the smile still plastered on my face. If there was one thing I could say about Rafael it was that he was great when it came to surprises.

"What are you smiling about?"

I whipped my head around to see Sophia sitting up. She still had bags under her eyes, and her face was drained of any color. I could tell she was still tired.

"Um, nothing," I went and sat down next to her, "Rafael just called to let me know that Santiago was going to come pick me up to take me to his private jet."

"Must be nice to be married to the boss." She playfully rolled her eyes. "You're lucky you got to him first."

I scoffed, "We may be taking a break but he's still my husband and I am still always ready to slap a bitch over him."

She laughed and nudged my side, "I'm kidding. You know I love Dom and my daughter more than anything. No offense but your husband has nothing on him. And speaking of, when do you plan on going back to him? He's starting to get lonely and snappy without you. I can tell."

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned into the couch, "I'm just not ready yet. I do love him, and I miss him too, but I just can't help but think of all the bad that we went through. He needs to miss me, Sophia, I mean really miss me and realize how much he was neglecting me."

She held up my wrist where my tennis bracelet sat, "If that's neglect, sign me up."

I giggled and just accepted that she wouldn't understand. Sophia grew up with the 'business' and knew what to expect when it came to her husband being occupied with work all the time. Even with their newborn, Dominic hadn't really been around to help her. She didn't seem phased by that at all, even though she was clearly exhausted all the time.

I felt her snatch my phone from my lap and stare at my screen in disbelief.

"Who's this?"

I grabbed my phone from her to see that she had clicked into the text messages between me and Levi. He sent me a picture of him smiling with a text underneath it saying, 'Can you tell I'm excited for the car show?'

"Oh, um, that's my friend."

Her eyes practically bugged out of her head, "I'm sorry, a friend? Does your friend have a name?"