Monalise and Rafael

Per my husband's direct orders, I was to head to the office right after my workout. I didn't like the idea of being sweaty and gross, so I went home after to have a shower. I threw on a jumpsuit with a blazer over it, accessorizing only with my wedding ring and my apple watch. . I slicked my hair back into a low ponytail and decided to do very light make-up, trying to look professional as possible. I even opted for my flats instead of my usual heels.

I had a quick bite to eat before I left the house to go to the office. It wasn't far from our house, but I decided to take the long route instead. I was trying to calm my nerves before seeing Rafael because I was so nervous about working with him. I wondered if he would think I was a sub-par employee or if I was adequate enough. I knew he'd be biased either way, but I genuinely wanted to know.

I pulled in ten minutes before nine and gave myself a pep talk in my car. I could do this. I knew what I was doing and had already adjusted to the office life. I'm going to walk in, acknowledge everyone and take a seat at my desk, without engaging with Rafael. He's my boss, and I'm the employee. I took a deep breath in and breathed out my anxiety. Once I was no longer in panic mode, I got out of my car.

Everything looked normal walking in. I said hello to everyone and made small talk with a few people to kill some time. I even stopped by the mail room to check if anything had come in for me, although nothing ever did. When I realized I couldn't kill anymore time. I took the walk into the office Rafael and I shared.

He was seated at his desk with his head down, reading over a document. He hadn't looked up when I walked in, so I just went over to my desk and pulled out some materials. I had been working on a payment agreement between a boutique and Rafael's "company". I met with the woman in person and after seeing how well her business was doing, I lowered her interest rate with the hope that she'd pay her loan back sooner or else, we'd have to collect in full.

"Good morning, cara. You're late."

I looked up from the paperwork to look at him He was standing now, behind his desk, with his coffee mug in his hand. He was dressed in a tan suit, with a white undershirt that was unbuttoned at the top. No tie. He hadn't shaved this morning like I thought he would have, which made him more attractive. Something about the way he was looking at me made me want to role-play a boss and secretary scene.

I smirked after checking him out, "I couldn't come in all sweaty and gross, Rafe. I have a reputation to hold."

He chuckled and walked around his desk to the front of mine. His eyes scanned the paperwork in front of me before settling his knuckles on top of it to reach down and capture my lips in a sweet kiss. The taste of the coffee he was drinking lingered behind.

"Punctuality is important, Mrs. Boerio. Otherwise, I'll have to punish you and you know I'd enjoy that way too much."

I rolled my eyes but still kept the smile on my face, "Sorry, Mr. Boerio. It won't happen again." I winked at him to which he just shook his head and walked back to his desk, "I should also let you know I am taking the day off tomorrow to catch up with my school work before Monday. Between training and coming here, I'm falling behind in my classes."

He nodded his head, "That's fine. Just finish whatever you have on your desk before you leave today, and I'll assign whatever you had next to someone else."

I smiled and went back to the document in front of me. I wondered if he was giving me special treatment or if he treated everyone else like that. Either way, I was just happy I was able to get the time off. Ana had worked me like a slave sometimes, which in hindsight was preparing me for the amount of workload everyone usually handled, so this was a nice change.