Chapter 3: Expansion Plan

On May 11th, 2023, Mumbai City, Indian Naval Base, India

At dawn, right at the naval base, a series of warships from participating nations in the southern exploration gathered in a long line along the dock. The naval forces of Southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia have sent naval squadrons, consisting of 23 ships, with China, less involved in joint activities, sending 2 destroyers, 6 escort ships, and 2 transport ships, totaling 10 vessels, some of which are preparing to depart. The Indian Navy has deployed a fleet playing a pivotal role in this expedition, including an aircraft carrier of the Kiev class, 3 Sindhughosh-class submarines, 5 destroyers, and 3 diverse-class frigates.

The Indian government entrusted the command of the campaign to Admiral R. Hari Kumar, along with interpreters and linguists dedicated to translating the language of extraterrestrials, although the chances are slim. Additionally, to prevent the spread of diseases from the newcomers, the Indian government dispatched chemical warfare units on board the ships.

In the office, Admiral Kumar is gazing directly at the Mumbai naval base with a lineup of warships, creating a majestic scene. Suddenly, the telephone rings, snapping Kumar back to attention. He quickly walks to the desk, lifts the phone, and greets the caller.

"Hello, Admiral R. Hari Kumar, we have an announcement for you," the statement makes Kumar decisively inquire, "Has the United Nations Assembly approved our operation?"

The response is immediate, "Of course, everything is progressing smoothly. I assume the Western powers are also planning to explore the remaining continents. We are set to depart tomorrow night, and the multinational fleet may approach those continents the following morning. I will send a report on the sea conditions tomorrow morning after the space agency completes the map. Also, avoid doing anything that may undermine the military's reputation in front of our partners, even though, Admiral, I sense the pressure on you. That's the condition, Admiral." Ending the call, Admiral Kumar responds, "No problem; I just hope those extraterrestrials won't sink the entire fleet, or it seems we're overly concerned about them being extraterrestrial with advanced attack technology." The other side nods, seemingly satisfied, bids farewell to the fleet commander, and hangs up. Back in the admiral's office, he sits down, contemplating how to send an advance team to check the civilization on that Southern continent. He makes a bold decision. He lifts the desk phone and contacts the President.

"Mr. President, this is Admiral Kumar. Is there something you need from the Prime Minister's office?" The female staff on the other side responds.

"I am Admiral Kumar, and I need to connect to Prime Minister Modi's office." Immediately, the female staff transfers the communication to the Prime Minister.

"Prime Minister Modi here, why did you call me?"

"Well, Prime Minister, hmmm, we need an El/w-2090 and four Rafales for an escort."

The statement surprises Modi, "For what purpose, exactly?"

"You will find out soon, Prime Minister."

United States 7th Fleet Command Center, Yokosuka, Kanagawa Province, Japan

Vice Admiral Karl O. Thomas, Commander of the 7th Fleet, found himself in a virtual meeting with President Joe Biden and Secretary of Defense Lloyd James Austin III. The discussion revolved around the challenges of defending Taiwan and the strategic deployment of forces to monitor Beijing's northern region.

"Before we delve into the main issue, there's a matter we need to discuss," President Biden stated.

"What is it, Mr. President?"

"Currently, protecting Taiwan with only one fleet poses challenges. I recommend stationing special forces in Japan to monitor the northern Beijing area. The United Nations will handle this position for India."