Chapter 12: Marching of the Giants

Central Calendar, February 4th, Coastal City of Cartalpas, Holy Mirishial.

As one of the most bustling port cities of the Holy Kingdom and the premier civilization hub, Cartalpas boasts a unique blend of fantasy architecture intertwined with 1940s-50s constructions, strategically positioned as thoroughfares for civilizations to interact. What makes Cartalpas particularly special is its cool and picturesque coastal area, making it a vibrant hub for trade, maritime transportation, and services.

The serene scenery envelops the heart of Cartalpas, with a line of eateries, cafes, and the most upscale shops near Piassate Square.

In an upscale café overlooking the seafront, young diplomat Phillame enjoys a new coffee blend with Ambassador Aegidius Michels from the Kingdom of Agartha. Ambassador Michels, usually sporting glasses and a classy gray vest, holds a recent bestseller while Phillame, also a young diplomat, with her dark brown hair, dressed in an off-shoulder white outfit resembling a flower, and delicate round glasses, wears thigh-length jeans suitable for their leisurely outing on their day off.

Having been friends for two years through diplomatic work, both are well acquainted. The shared coffee outing prompts onlookers to speculate that they're a couple on a romantic day out, while they engage in lively discussions about global politics and their daily lives.

"The Holy Kingdom recently mobilized a colossal fleet to rescue a Mithril-class ship, didn't they, Miss Phillame?" Michels asked, jovially gazing at the details in his book.

"Hmm? They must be facing a crisis if mobilizing the entire fleet is deemed crucial, as even I am unaware..." Phillame replied, gazing out at the sea. Diplomats like them were unaware that the Holy Kingdom's fleet had been defeated by a mid-tier nation from Earth.

"Are they fighting sea monsters, perhaps?" Michels chuckled.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Phillame gave him a stern purple-eyed stare.

"You seem serious, alright. Let's not dwell on unreliable speculations. Oh, by the way, have you heard about the presence of the nations that visited Rodenius?"

"...you're kidding me? As a diplomat like me, not knowing would be pointless. So, do you want to discuss why they're continuously sending large cargo ships loaded with strange equipment there?"

"Well, it seems like they have some agreement with Rodenius. From the flags, the one I see most is a red flag with five stars, representing the three major countries in Rodenius. They're called the People's Republic of China, according to the spies from your country and ours," Mirishial and Agartha have regular spies in nearly all countries worldwide; the Holy Kingdom invests in espionage to prevent technology leaks and eliminate any threat to the Holy Kingdom. Central civilization nations in the region share information based on cooperative interests.

"Furthermore, I was surprised to be shown the shapes of those ships by the spies; they're so illogically massive, like rectangular blocks. I wonder how enormous they are in reality," Michels eagerly awaits witnessing them firsthand instead of through pictures. Intelligence agencies in the central region share networks, with a few exceptions that don't align with the Holy Kingdom's interests.

Moreover, neighboring countries with good relations with the Holy Kingdom are authorized to purchase civilian technology equipment, and in some special cases, they have the right to buy military equipment or sometimes even receive technology transfers. Therefore, Agarthan spies may possess their own cameras, especially in the case of Qua Toyne, where they were provided with military radar equipment in exchange for maintaining clandestine conditions with the Holy Kingdom.

"A massive ship... a transport vessel, I suppose, given its sheer size, as you mentioned, it could be spacious inside to accommodate large equipment. Maihark port is probably designated for their transport ships; it's simply designed even for our Holy Kingdom warships to dock there," remarked Phillame.