Chapter 10: Casablanca Maritime Crisis

World Calendar June 2, 2023, the Casablanca drilling platform off the northwest coast, under the sovereignty of the Kingdom of Morocco.

Captain Benani furrows his brow, "Why is that warship not stopping? We might need to take action before the platform faces danger," accompanied by the concern that sinking the armored ship might have repercussions for future relations. At that moment, Captain of the Mohammed IV speaks up, "We need a feasible solution to make them change their decision."

After some hesitation, Benani finally makes a decision. "I request an order for the F-16 squadron to cripple the armored ship, rendering its mobility ineffective."

The two F-16s, upon hearing this, respond in a nonchalant manner, "Understood, over." This may herald the possibility that Mithril will call in other fleets and additional air squadrons will be deployed.

World Calendar on June 2, 2023, Rabat, the capital of the Kingdom of Morocco.

Prime Minister of Morocco, Aziz Akhannouch, strolls around, admiring the government buildings with their Arabesque architecture, blending the vibrant colors of the Arab world with modern design, harmonized by lush greenery. He enjoys this scenery, a positive energy after days of hard work for the nation. The morning view gives the Prime Minister a temporary sense of tranquility, however fleeting.

"Mr. Prime Minister, we have an emergency," an office employee approaches, breaking the serenity.

The Prime Minister turns with a calm demeanor, "What is it, young man?" After uttering these words, he quickly adds, "Our national security is under threat, sir. There's an armored ship that can be identified as belonging to one of the world's nations. Mirishial is approaching the platform in Casablanca, and they have their air squadron with them."

Maintaining the posture of a statesman, the Prime Minister calmly inquires, "Have we completed interception?" The earnest employee responds, "The navy and air forces are in the process of interception, with Mirishial's squadron withdrawing. As for their armored ship, we are in the midst of dealing with it. Additionally, we predict they will deploy more forces once satellite images show their warships departing from their port."

Aziz nods, then returns to his office with the employee. Along the way, he instructs, "Inform the security to set the country's status to combat readiness. Act decisively against unidentified or non-UN-affiliated ships. Also, report to the government departments and to His Majesty Mohammed IV. Go, relay the message to them; if they doubt, they can inquire directly with me." It seems that Prime Minister Aziz Akhannouch places considerable trust in the government employee.

"Yes, sir," he replies and leaves. The Prime Minister continues back to his office. Seated, he contemplates budget allocations to safeguard the nation during these crises. Suddenly, the familiar landline rings. Aziz picks up the receiver, and the voice on the other end states, "Sir, His Majesty Mohammed IV has personally deployed the Royal Moroccan Air Force to combat positions."

Surprised, the Prime Minister responds, "The order has been issued by His Majesty? That's quite swift..."

Casablanca offshore drilling platform, in the Northwestern sea region, under the sovereignty of the Kingdom of Morocco.

The F-16D, bearing the designation RMAF-12, initiates the standard procedure to neutralize the armored ship. "Target confirmed, over," echoes from the F-16D as it releases the AGM-84 Harpoon missile from a distance of approximately 50 km. The Harpoon ignites its engine, generating a powerful flame behind it, heading straight for the Mithril, which is rushing towards the platform recklessly. With a roaring sound, the world superpower eagerly anticipates a taste of failure.