"The Fall Of WICKED"

The power cuts off and Teresa's voice is gone. You blink in surprise, and look at Janson, who looks just as surprised.
"Y/N, I need to get that cure." He says slowly, seemingly deep in thought.
"I know that, but it's dangerous Janson." You sigh quietly, knowing exactly what he's planning.
"Which is why you're going to evacuate. Leave the city and wait for me outside the city walls." He says firmly, putting his hands on your shoulders.
"Excuse me? There's no way I'm leaving here without you." You cross your arms and glare at him defiantly.
"I wasn't offering." He glares back at you.
"Nor was I." You retort. He pauses again and stares at you for a moment. Finally, he sighs and nods.
"Fine. But, if I say to leave or to run, you listen to me. Okay?" He says this with a little more seriousness now. You feel relieved that he's listening to you.

"Okay." You nod slowly and can't help but smile. He smiles at your smile and shakes his head.
"You're really stubborn, you know." He says, a little more jokingly now.
"Which is why you love me so much. I'm the only person who has the balls to say no to you." You try and put on a serious face, but you end up smiling again.
"Only because I let you." He shoves your shoulder playfully.
"Sure, Janson. Whatever you say."
He smiles and kisses your cheek.
"So, what's the plan?" You ask, being serious again. He thinks for a moment.
"I'll take care of getting Thomas here. You're going to have to make the cure." He says slowly, nodding at his own words. You nod.
"I should probably get everything ready then."
"Okay. See you in 5." He kisses you on the lips briefly before running off down the corridor. You head to the science lab on one of the higher floors at a slow run. A loud rumble outside of a nearby building falling catches your attention. You look outside and see that the destruction has only gotten worse. You haven't got long to do this.

Teresa is in the lab again. You enter and she narrows her eyes at you.
"Why are you still here, Y/N?" She asks, looking suspicious of you.
"I heard what you said, on the intercom. Is it true? Is Thomas really the cure?" You ask hopefully. After a beat, she nods.
"He is. But, I don't think he's going to come back."
"Trust me, he will." You smile to yourself and then start to prep one of the tables.
"What are you doing?" Teresa asks, appearing behind you.
"Janson is going to bring Thomas here." You say briefly, as you finish prepping.
"Really? How?" Teresa asks eagerly. You shrug, "I don't know."
After another 5 minutes of waiting, you see Janson approaching from down the hall dragging Thomas's unconscious body. Teresa gasps and holds a hand to her mouth, but you're not surprised. It's Janson, after all, what was you expecting?
Janson reaches the lab and flings Thomas's body on one of the beds.
"Strap him down." He orders, catching his breath. Teresa is staring at Thomas with a look of sadness, but you're still salty about him kidnapping you so you strap him down without hesitation.

Janson smirks and walks over to the window.
"Was it really necessary to sedate him?" Teresa asks quietly, looking down at Thomas.
"Hm?" Janson turns his head to look at Teresa, "Yes, Teresa, it was." He looks back out of the window again. You shrug at Teresa, who narrows her eyes at you. Teresa pulls a small chair over and sits down next to Thomas. She grabs a syringe and puts it in his arm, extracting blood.
You start preparing other stuff when you hear Thomas start to regain consciousness. You turn to face him as he wakes up.
Thomas looks slightly confused at first and looks around the room, but his eyes settle on Teresa. Janson turns to look at Thomas with a sneer as he walks away from the window to stand next to Thomas. Teresa pulls the syringe out and walks over to join you.
"Why don't you just kill me?" Thomas says quietly, sounding tired.
"Kill you?" Janson repeats with a smirk, "We don't want to do that."
Janson leans in closer to Thomas and whispers, "We're going to take special care of you."
You continue working on the cure and look over at Teresa. She looks at you and you can tell she's planning something, you only fear what. Janson comes up behind you two and grabs the finished cure from Teresa. He walks back over to Thomas and pulls his sleeve up, revealing his infected arm. You notice the shock on Thomas and Teresa's face, but you already knew.

Janson prepares to inject himself with the cure. He sneers at Thomas, "To your health." He says in a low growl. All of a sudden, Teresa spins around, hitting Janson over the head with a glass beaker. You freeze, unsure what to do as Janson collapses to the ground. Teresa runs over to Thomas and starts trying to unstrap him.
"Janson?" You say quietly, looking down at him. You kneel down next to him and shake him gently, feeling scared. You see Janson open his eyes, and he looks pissed. He rolls over onto his back and sits up. He nods at you and you both stand up. You feel a wave of relief wash over you.
Janson grabs Teresa and pulls her away from Thomas.
"Give it to me!" He shouts angrily, throwing Teresa across the room. She hits the table and falls to the floor. You watch in shock. Thomas starts shouting desperately, as he tries to free his other arm. You're unsure of what to do.
Teresa tries crawling away but Janson grabs her legs and drags her across the floor. He grabs her hair and pulls her up, suddenly smashing her face on the table. You're completely horrified. You've never seen this side of Janson before. Teresa drops the cure, but before Janson can pick it up, Thomas manages to free himself. He pounces on Janson and they both fall through the glass, smashing it.

You make up your mind and run over to Teresa. You pick up the cure and pocket it before kneeling down to check on Teresa. The boys continue fighting outside. Teresa is still breathing but she's unconscious. You stand up and leave the lab. You watch as Janson punches Thomas and throws him to the floor. Thomas looks at you briefly before he jumps up and charges at Janson. Teresa gets up and stands next to you.
The boys roll around on the floor, both only gaining the advantage for a brief moment. You watch in horror as Thomas snatches Jansons gun and hits him over the head with it. Janson shouts out in pain and rolls over away from Thomas. You move forward to help Janson, but Teresa grabs your arm. You watch helplessly as Thomas stands up and points the gun at Janson, who is still on the floor. Janson rolls over onto his stomach and pull himself up to face Thomas.
You yank your arm free from Teresas grip and run over to Janson.
"Are you okay?" You whisper quietly to him. Janson turns his head to look at you. He's panting, his chest rising and falling with every breath. His face is completely covered in blood.
"Y/N, you need to leave." He hisses to you.
"Leave? Janson, you've got a gun aimed at you. I'm not about to leave." You hiss back, feeling slightly nervous now.
"Y/N-" Janson starts, but Thomas interrupts him, which only pisses Janson off more.
"He's right. This isn't about you." Thomas takes a small step forward now, still aiming the gun at Janson, his hands shaking. Teresa walks over to stand just behind Thomas.

Janson pulls you behind him and steps towards Thomas, "Shoot me." He says in a low, threatening whisper.
Thomas makes a move, as if he was going to shoot him but then stops himself. He looks at you pleadingly.
"Y/N...please, it's not too late..." He whispers quietly, "I can still forgive you..."
You feel torn. Thomas was practically begging you to join his side. And, he's still your friend despite everything that's happened. Janson doesn't say anything, he just puts his hand on your arm in a protective manner.
"Thomas...it's not as simple as that..." You say sadly, wishing everything would just be fine again, "You can still leave now, Thomas, because you're not a killer..."
"How do you know what I am, Y/N, you don't know what I've become." Thomas says a little more angrily now. His fingers grip the gun tighter and you see Teresa tense up.
"Thomas..." You whisper.
"Thomas." Janson speaks over you, his voice cold and authoritative, "Stop whining like a big baby."
This seems to piss Thomas off, having the effect that Janson wanted.
"Either shoot me, or run off with your girlfriend." Janson says bluntly. You seem a little surprised, but don't say anything. Thomas hesitates, but he moves forward. Teresa tries to stop him, and Janson doesn't even flinch as he pulls the trigger.

The gunshot pierces the air, aiming straight for Janson. Your heart drops, and almost instinctively you shove Janson out of the way. The bullet tears straight through your flesh, and your knocked backwards, hitting the floor. The pain kicks in immediately, and you choke abit of blood.
You hear Janson yell something, but all you can focus on is the unbearable pain.
You feel someone's arms wrap around you. Janson.
"Oh my god...I'm so sorry...I-" You can hear Thomas say, but it sounds distant.
"We need to go..." Is that Teresa? You can hear footsteps running off. You open your eyes despite the physical effort. The pain.
"Y/N..." Janson whispers, cradling you in his arms. You can see his face, and he looks like he's crying.
"Y/N, if you die...I'll kill you..." He whispers, trying to sound brave but you can hear the break in his voice. You close your eyes again, and feel yourself start to drift off.
"Y/N, don't bloody die...!" He hisses, but it sounds far away. You feel him press his forehead against yours and start sobbing.
You manage to say something, "Janson..."

And then everything goes black.