Where we are, I do not care

"Calli! Calli! It's okay, it's me! You're okay!" Clary's voice rang into her ears that made her eyes snap open but quickly closed when her eyes met with bright lights in the room. "I'm here Calli, I'm right here," Clary tried to comfort her sister, but instead Calliope ended up laying back down on what she laid on with a groan. Her brain was pounding against her skull, she felt sore all over.

"Calliope?" She heard Clary call for her again. "Can you, um, turn the lights down? My sister doesn't like the light being this bright," Clary requested to someone in the room. Wherever they were.

"Clary?" Calliope finally found her voice, "where are we?" She asked, her throat dry, voice hoarse.

"We're in the institute," a sultry feminine voice spoke. Now with the strength to open her eyes for the second time, she saw Clary holding her hand with tearful eyes and a relieved look on her face. And from behind her was a woman with black hair, wearing black sexy looking clothes. "I don't know you—"

"I'm Isabelle," the woman introduced herself, handing Clary a water bottle before walking to her other side. "Sit up, drink some water, it will make you feel better," the woman, Isabelle tells her.

"I've never seen my brothers be so curious about mundanes, but then again you wouldn't be mundane if Jace managed to draw a rune on you," Isabelle grinned, just after she was able to help Calliope lift herself to sit upright. "And as your sister has seen, distractions are dangerous in our line of work."

"What work? Are you in a mob?" Calli gasped, something made sense to her. "Of course, mom would be kidnapped, she angered a mob boss!"

"That's not what's happening here, Cal," Clary shakes her head. "The legends are true," Clary said quietly.

"Legends? What legends?" Calli frowned, "where are we? And why am I on a bed? Clary, how long have we been here?"

Clary shifted in her seat uncomfortably, glancing at Isabelle for help which Isabelle gave her a somber look. "Neither of you know much do you?"

"No we don't, so if you could just fill us in, that would be highly appreciated," Calliope glared, her mind still on survival mode, ignoring the soreness she felt all around her body. "You know what, I don't have time for any of this. Clary, we're leaving. We're going to the police."

"And what will you tell the police?" A new voice spoke, walking into the room, hands behind his back, his blond hair slicked back as his bi-colored eyes stared at her while Calliope just glared at him.

"None of your damn business," Calliope frowned, attempting to stand up but Clary pushes her down. "Clary, what are you doing?" She snapped at Clary.

"Trying to save your life," Clary scolded her, "Jace told me the thing at the loft took a bite at you, you're not fully healed."

"I feel fine—"

"I would listen to her," the blond guy agreed, this time Calli threw the bottle at him which he didn't get to catch in time that it hit his forehead. Fortunately it was empty, but unfortunately for him Isabelle roared in laughter.

"Oh I like her very much," Isabelle laughed, wiping tears from the side of her eyes.

Calliope turned to Clary, ignoring Isabelle's laughter and the blond's glares that were directed towards her. "Let's get out of here."

"And where? Luke betrayed us, Calli. They saved our lives, I can have a wild guess that we are safe here," Clary explained to her, holding onto her hand, "trust me on this."

"I trust you, Claire," Calliope pursed her lips, "I don't trust them," she glanced at the blond now frowning Isabelle who looked like she was teasing the blond.