It's my fault, I'm sorry.

Alec panicked when he saw blood on the hall that led Calliope's old room that he ran out to the way they came in to see if anyone followed them. Though even if he was wary and he searched the whole area, he failed to recognize that it was a way to lure him out. He realized his mistake when he heard Clary's voice and Simon's scared one, he ran down the alley to see both Clary and Simon being shoved into a car. He even caught a glimpse of Calliope, possibly unconscious.

"Fuck!" Alec yelled in frustration, flinging a charred box from Clary's room. How could he have been so careless? How stupid was he to leave them unprotected?

His thoughts go back to the ring on Calliope's floor, the one she wore on her forefinger that was shaped like leaves. He closed his eyes tightly, hoping… praying that nothing bad happened to her.

"Where is she? Where's Clary?" Jace asked Alec, clearly upset and alarmed with the scene in front of him. No doubt that he was thinking of the worst case scenario. Behind him was Isabelle who was shocked at the scene the both of them had walked in on.

"They're gone," Alec replied, his chest tightened knowing it was his fault. Only his, he couldn't blame anyone else.

"What do you mean gone? Where's Calliope?" Isabelle asked, frowning when she noticed the brunette's absence, knowing she could never be without her sister.

"Clary and Simon were being arrested while I was securing the fire escape," Alec explained, "I-I got distracted," he started to stutter as he realized how grave the situation was.

"The mundane was here?"

"That's not the point," Isabelle snapped at Jace, turning back to Alec who looked like he was about to snap. "What about Calliope? Was she arrested too?" She urges him to talk some more, frowning when she sees Alec going into a daze she snaps her fingers at him. "Alec!"

"I saw her," Alec finally answered, "she was unconscious."

"Well, did you at least get the license plate—"

"It was an unmarked car," Alec looked at Jace anxious at how Jace looked like he wanted to punch him, "I don't know where they took her."

"What did you do, Alec?" Jace asked him, his voice low and angry.

Alec couldn't say anything, his guilt and shame got the best of him that he couldn't even think straight. The disappointment his brother and sister gave him made him feel worse.

In frustration, Jace walked out, but not before taking anything in the room that he knew belonged to Clary. Isabelle followed behind him carrying Clary's bag with her, and soon Alec followed them both. And yet his chest kept on tightening as he followed them.

"Damn it. She's not showing up," Jace struggled to say, frustrated that he couldn't track Clary using her burned drawing. "We need to parabatai track," he turned to Alec who merely nodded.

Holding up his palm, resisting the urge to wince while Jace runed his palm. The least he could do was just to find the girls, they held each other's hands together, troubled.

"Alec, concentrate!" Jace gritted his teeth, losing focus. Alec couldn't focus, not when Calliope’s ring was tucked in his chest pocket where he was more aware of its presence. The more he tried to focus, the more Calliope's face resonated in his head.

"Alec," Jace gritted, his focus losing once more.

"I'm doing it, she's not showing up," Alec snapped at him, just as frustrated as he was.

"Just like I thought," Isabelle interrupted the two of them. "They weren't arrested," she tells them, her red lips curved into a deep frown, thoroughly displeased with the information she received from the surveillance.