Choices we make come back to bite us

"I pulled every item of magical importance from Ragnor's belongings. But I couldn't determine which will lead to the Book of white," Magnus informed after gathering the crew minus Isabelle who was doing damage control with her parents on Alec's behalf. "Lucky for us, Calliope has a spot on memory and pointed at this piece amongst all of them," Magnus added, pointing at the cloth of blue and yellow.

"I've seen that before," Clary pointed out, taking the cloth from the table before turning to Calliope who was now sipping on the hot chocolate Magnus let her bring from his loft. "In the alternate dimension, this was in the book of the white."

"Among other things, this was inside that dimension," Magnus mumbled under his breath, giving Calliope a teasing look on his face, only to earn himself a glare from the brunette. This of course resulted in the redhead giggling at her sister's reaction, leaving the two men clueless.

"We already tracked who the book belongs to now, only this time we need a vampire to show us," Calliope spoke up, ignoring the look that Alec had been giving her. Ignoring the fact that he looks amazing in white and gold, ignoring the fact that she wanted to look back at him without the impending heart ache.

"Good news, I know the owner," Magnus smiled before it morphed into a frown once more, "bad news, it's Camille."

"Camille?" Clary blinked in surprise.

"Raphael probably has her locked in the basement of the Hotel DuMort."

"Where she belongs, by the way," Calliope perked up, setting down the empty mug on the table, swiping the dagger that Jace had been playing with.

"Well, after I punched her, there's no way she'll help us," Clary sighed.

"Wait, you punch Camille Belcourt? Like actually?" Calliope stared at her sister in astonishment, pride filling up her chest while Clary shyly blushed at her sister's enthusiasm. "Damn Claire-bear!"

"Camille wouldn't have a choice," Jace tells Clary, "trust me," he says before uncomfortably walking away from them.

"Well, if we want this to be over by tonight, we should get Simon to contact Raphael and get dressed," Calliope concluded, following behind Jace for a moment before she turned a corner. Hoping to keep her record of avoiding Alec intact as she maneuvered through the crowded halls of shadowhunters she's never seen before.

"Calliope, wait."

Calliope stood still in the hall where not many people walked around considering the time, she turned around to see Alec, still in his tux, standing behind her. "Yes? What is it?" She asked him.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry," he tells her, "I'm sorry for letting things go as they did, I'm sorry for not communicating with you. For making you feel like you don't belong here—"

"It's fine, Alec," she tells him, crossing her arms over her chest anxiously. "It's not that big of a deal."

"It is to me," he tells her, "I never thanked you for being there, for trying to take some burden away. Validating my feelings, not allowing me to feel like I'm alone. And it's unforgivable for me to just allow you to go through so much again after what happened to you the first time."

"Alec, like I said it's fine—"

"It's not," Alec frowned. "Jace and I talked it out, and I want us to talk it out too. If you allow me to make it up to you," he paused, thinking of a way to make it up to her, and he only thought of one. "I'll even tell Lydia to not transfer your or your sister and Clary to Idris."

Calliope pursed her lips, "I can't have you do that."

"Why? Don't you want to stay here? We can all mentor you and Clary, it will be fine."