Different Sides

"Don't do that," Isabelle scolds Calliope who paced in the ops center, already knew of what happened to Simon and now added to the brunette's worries were the abominations Valentine created that hurt Alec. "You're making me dizzy from all your walking around, sit down."

"I'd love to, but I can't," Calliope admits in distress, placing her hands on the table Isabelle was working on, looking into the camera footage from the earlier attack. "Something about all this is too good to be a simultaneous attack."

Isabelle's brows furrowed, "why so?"

"I don't know," Calliope frowned, hearing footsteps, she looks up to see Magnus with Alec and his father, Robert. She sees Magnus do something with the wards, briefly listening to them talk about Magnus's bill and how Lydia would be the one to pay for it.

"I feel like the attacks were a distraction," Calliope ends up saying, pursing her lips together. "Did any of the bodies have anything on them?"

"Anything like?" Isabelle asked. But before Calliope could say anything else the both of them turned to the coming commotion. A man stood near where Calliope and Isabelle were, but only Isabelle looked surprised at the said person's arrival.

"Meliorn? What are you doing here?" The raven haired beauty asked, walking towards the man with pointed ears.

"You know him, Izzy?" Calliope curiously asked as she followed Isabelle towards the man.

"The Clave called me in for some kind of conference," the man replied, his gaze turning to Calliope before he took a small curtsy. "Her majesty sends her greetings, Calliope Fairchild."

Both Calliope and Isabelle's jaws dropped at his words, more in confusion rather than shock. For Isabelle, she wasn't sure how the seelie queen would send specific regards to Calliope in any way. But regardless of the confusion, Isabelle pulls the man into a hug, as if she had missed the man for so long. "I'm so happy to see you."

"Spare me," the man, Meliorn, frowned, gently pushing Isabelle away from him. "Your fire message clearly stated you never wanted to see me again," he coldly tells her.

"Hey, you don't know what she's going through," Calliope glared at him, taking Isabelle's side who felt embarrassed by the rejection.

"My family—" Meliorn cuts Isabelle off.

"Despises Downworlders?" He scoffs, "that's common knowledge."

"That's not true," Isabelle frowned, hurt but her previous love's words. "And even if it were, I'm not like that."

Meliorn takes a step back, hurt still in his eyes from where Calliope was standing. "I'm not here to talk about us," Meliorn says, avoiding Isabelle's hurt face. "I believe that's your Clave envoy," he points out. Turning towards the direction past Calliope's which the brunette turns around to see. On instinct, Isabelle moved closer to Meliorn as Lydia approached them.

"Isabelle, please step aside."

"Lydia, what's going on?" Calliope frowned at the stoic expression the blonde gave. Eyeing the two other shadowhunters behind Lydia who had the same expressions as Lydia, though with the underlying disgust towards Meliorn.

Lydia ignores Calliope's question and turns to Meliorn completely, "Meliorn, the Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest."

"Wait, why?" Calliope frowned, "on what grounds?"

"What for?" Isabelle asked shocked as she met eyes with Meliorn as equally shocked as she was.

"Soliciting state secrets from a shadowhunter from a shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morgenstern," Lydia simply says, glaring at both Meliorn and Isabelle briefly. "Guards," she ordered as two of the guards seized and dragged the off guarded Meliorn away.