A daughter of no one

"Feel a bit better now?"

Calliope turns to her side to see Isabelle sitting on a chair a bit farther from where the bed was. "What happened?" She asked her, her head didn't ache as bad as it had as before but she did feel a little dizzy. "Where's Clary?"

"Clary's with Jace and Alec," Isabelle answered, but Calliope couldn't help but see the shame on Isabelle's usually confident face. "They're trying to hunt down the vampires who took your mundane friend."

"What happened to Simon?" Calliope's eyes widened, sitting up with her fist gripping the sheets, keeping her from swaying out of bed.

"It was my fault, I left him in the van when I knew something was wrong," Isabelle guiltily said, looking down on the floor.

"No, you shouldn't have," Calliope snapped, slowly getting off the bed, fixing her shirt and shoes. "Take me to my sister."

Isabelle nods, leading the way to the ops center where Alec and Clary looked like they were arguing in front of the monitor near the exit.

"The vampires will trade Simon for the cup, Valentine will trade My mom for the cup. Either way I lose someone I love," Clary recounted turning around in frustration, now facing Calliope and Isabelle.

"Cal!" She sighed in relief, pulling Calliope into a bear hug. "Don't ever scare me like that again!"

"We can't make promises like that anymore," Calliope hugged back before raising her gaze towards Alec who gave her a serious look at her.

"Can someone tell me what happened after I passed out?" She asked, mainly towards Alec who seemed to be more defensive towards her and Clary than he did prior to entering the City of Bones.

"We need to tell the Clave what we found out at the City of Bones," Alec stated, earning himself a pair of glares from Jace and Clary.

"Then tell them," Calliope agreed.

"Calli, we can't do that," Clary urges her, "if Alec tells the Clave, they won't be able to help Simon."

"Yeah, well I'm not the one who insisted on stringing him along in a world where we both know is dangerous," Calliope frowned.

Clary gasped at what her sister just said. "So you're blaming me for what happened to Simon?"

"I'm not blaming anyone, Clary," Calliope answered, "and in the first place, you should've told Simon to leave, the moment he found you. Now he's in danger and the only way he can be saved is by informing whoever it is with authority to do something."

"And how long will Simon have? He could be a corpse by now!"

The sisters glared at each other, the tension sent the three shadowhunters helping them into an uncomfortable place. It was clear that the sisters were at an impasse, one sister who wanted a safer route, while the other who wanted immediate results.

"You know what? What if I just throw this damn cup in the air let whoever it is who wants it fight it out amongst themselves," Clary scowled, glaring at Calliope who had not backed down from their stare down.

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec frowned.

"Of course it matters," the sisters turned to him in unison. Only this time it was Clary who backed out of Calliope's stares, exhausted from the night both of them endured. Combing her hand into her red hair and sighed, "listen, when you saved our lives, I put my trust in you. Now it's time for you to put your trust in me," she said sincerely, making eye contact with both Alec and Jace. Two of whom she thinks are the decision makers in this whole situation.