Family... Perfect.

“People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter.”

“Oh god, you think?” Calliope couldn’t help but snap at the blonde as she brushed her fingers through her hair, devastated for the outcome of whatever happened to her friend. Clary’s cries echoed in the empty room, neither of them knew what happened, and Calliope was angry at herself that she didn’t even think of checking up on him.

“I’ll go,” Alec spoke up, feeling sorry for the girls and the mundane. “I’ll tell them we didn’t find anything. Nobody will come down here,” he says before getting back up the stairs.

“I might be a vampire, but I was raised a good catholic,” the vampire Raphael says, glancing at the Jesus Christ statues in the basement before doing the sign of the cross while he stared at Simon’s pale body.

“Well you vampires broke the accords, what are you going to do now, huh?” Calliope snapped only to  be held back by Jace when he noticed her about to attack him. 

“The vampires were not behind this,” Raphael hissed at her, “Just Camille, she attacked him on her own—”

“Now where is that bitch?” Calliope broke free from Jace but made no move to hit Raphael, yet every one knew that she was shaking in anger. And everyone in the room somehow knew that she would love nothing more but to attack the person who did this to her friend Simon.

“How do we know you’re telling the truth?” Jace asked him, just as upset for Clary who still wept on her best friend’s  side.

“I could’ve gotten rid of him, but instead I brought him here,” Raphael says matter-of-factly which makes Calliope angrier even more. “I don’t want trouble with the shadowhunters.”

“Get rid of him? Like any of this isn’t your damn fault, if you didn’t kidnap him in the first place, New York city’s Draculaura wouldn't even have the chance to get her fangs on him!” Calliope scoffed, pacing forward to poke at Raphael’s chest. Each poke she felt like she wanted to jab her nail in him and claw at him just until  she’s satisfied.

“Calliope!” Jace snapped at her, “Step out,” he ordered her.

Calliope glares at him, “You can’t tell me what to do, Wayland,” she sneered at him.

“Take a breath,” Jace softened his tone, motioning for her to look at Clary who stood still next to Simon who remained motionless. Letting Calliope realize that her outbursts was not helping Clary cope with whatever happened to Simon, but Calliope herself couldn’t cope.

“Fine,” she gritted through her teeth, stomping away back up the stairs, leaving the rest to deal with the Simon issue.

"Use your core to get a more accurate shot," Hodge instructed Calliope who sent a knife flying towards the far target. Plastered on different places in the training room, none of the targets had center shots, most of them had knives stuck on the sheets. "The knife is an extension of your body."

Calliope breathed in, letting out her breath slow and steadily, releasing the knife from her fingertips. She watches as the knife hits the target's center.

"That's my kind of woman," a small boyish voice spoke, causing both Hodge and Calliope to turn around to see a boy standing there with Alec who raised a brow at the boy.

"Hi," Calliope greeted, placing the last knife she had in her hand on the table side. "I'm Calliope, you are?" She asked the boy, briefly glancing at Alec for answers but he didn't really give her anything.

"I'm Max Lightwood," the boy replied, giving her a boyish wink, one that Calliope certainly sees Jace teaching the poor boy.

"Well, nice to meet you Max," Calliope chuckled, shaking the boy's extended hand. "What brings you both here?" She asked both Alec and Max.