It's not his fault

“Since when did you come back?” Alec found himself asking as he stared at the brunette who was missing while stuff went down. Not that he was blaming her for Lydia locking her away until the very last second, he just couldn’t help but wonder. 

Calliope on the other hand didn’t know what she was going to tell him, especially when she didn’t particularly know much about what happened to her herself. She looks down onto her hand than had not let go of Alec since Aldertree swooped in and arrested Jace just as Alec was waking up. Come to find out, channeling her energy to him somewhat helped with his soul recovering. 

“Cal,” Alec asked again, only this time Calliope looked right at him, having him look straight into her now gold colored eyes. “What happened?” he asked her, mesmerized by the gold that seemed to swirl under Magnus’s dim lighting. 

“The city of bones happened,” Calliope shrugged, not hinting that she knew more than she did. Her condition was so cryptic that she asked Magnus for help from his friend who gave him the book he gave her a while ago. “I don’t really have an explanation,” she pursed her lips, letting go of Alec’s hand. “Are you better now?” 

“How did you do that?” Alec asked her when he felt the warm energy from his hand disappear. He had felt that while he was still in a comatose state, it was what helped him come back to his body. Was that her? 

“I genuinely don’t know,” Calliope shrugged, giving him a concerned look, “Why? Does anything hurt? Do you want me to get Magnus or Isabelle?”

“No,” Alec shakes his head, reaching for her hand, feeling that warm energy again. “Since when were you able to do this?” he asked her, this time he subconsciously held her hand to his cheek. As if the energy flowing in him made him want more of it. Unaware of the bright red face that Calliope now had as she stared at Alec who was now cuddling her hand. 

“Just today,” she answered, not having the heart to tell him to let her go. Trying to find the point to not mind his affection for her hand. And as if Alec had gained back his common sense, he separates his face from her palm, his cheeks turning red in embarrassment. “Sorry.” 

“It’s okay,” Calliope shakes her head, tucking her hand over her lap. “How are you feeling?”

“Better,” he answered, now missing the warm energy. “You?” he asked her back. 

“I’m okay,” she replied, pursing her lips, the image of what she did to him not too long ago was now haunting her mind, biting her lip unsure how to open the topic of her kissing his unconscious self. 

“I want to apologize to you,” Alec opened first, having Calliope look at him confused. “I apologized for it before, and it's stupid of me to apologize for it again. But I really am sorry for all the words I said to you and your sister.” 

She pressed her lips to a thin line. “There's nothing to apologize for,” she simply tells him. “At least now we’re somehow okay, right?” 

“Yeah,” Alec nodded, though he wasn't convinced that they were okay now. 

“Anyway, I should go,” Calliope stands up from her seat, “I told Clary that we were going back to the institute once I know you're okay.” 

“What if I’m not?” Alec raised his brow at her with a little hope that she would stay beside him. 

“You are,” Calliope smiled a little, already at the door, ready to leave. 

“Are you sure?” 

Calliope lets out a small grin, shaking her head at Alec's attempts on being sick still. “I’m sure,” she smiled at him. “See you around, Alec.”