My Anchor was you

Calliope paced around in the DuMort's lounge anxiously, waiting for a text from Isabelle or Jace, and maybe even Alec and yet none. Unsure if what she did was right, even if it did feel right, this was the right thing to do. She was helping protect the downworlders and the shadowhunters from themselves… at least she thinks that was her purpose.

"Here," Clary pats Calliope's shoulder, handing her a snickers bar, causing the former to look up at her sister in confusion.

"Clary, what is this?"

"You've been shaking since we got in here. I don't know when the last time it was that you ate, but I can tell that it's been a while," Clary tells her. Knowing well that Calliope had a lot in her mind to even think about food, especially after finding Simon dead that morning, and now the whole save Meliorn thing. She doubts that her sister even thought about the time.

"Thanks," Calliope mumbled, opening the Snickers bar, taking a bite, having little to no energy to chew but she does to ease her sister's worrying.

"Get ready, both of you," Jace emerges into the lounge, "Meliorn is a wanted man, we have to get him back to the Seelie court where he's protected," he says, visibly roughed up by the sight of the forming bruises on his face.

"What about Izzy?" Calliope asked, handing Clary the Snickers bar, "is she okay? Is… is Alec okay?" She slowly asked, seeing the hurt still evident in Jace's eyes even when he masks it with a neutral front.

"Isabelle is downstairs with Meliorn," Jace tells her, glancing at Clary and Simon who were saying their goodbyes. She finds herself approaching him, giving him a hug, one she certainly could tell that he needed.

"I'm sorry that both of you had to fight like this," she tells Jace.

"It's not a fight," Jace shakes his head, thankful for the thoughtful embrace, "we're just not in sync."

"Let's go," Jace announces, letting go of Calliope and motioning for her and Clary to follow. With Clary' s curious gaze, Calliope mouths to her 'later.'

Once they arrived outside the hotel, all three of them could see Isabelle and Meliorn kissing. All three felt awkward and didn't want to ruin their short lived reunion, and yet Clary had to by clearing her throat.

"I hate to break up this reunion, Izzy, but we have to go," Jace spoke up.

Isabelle lets go of Meliorn, staring into his eyes with longing, "You're in good hands," she says before turning to the other three. "I need to get back to the institute to see what hell has broken loose. And try to talk some sense into Alec," she explained to them.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Calliope asked her friend, holding her free hand, squeezing it firmly.

"I'm sure," Isabelle assured her, glancing at Meliorn briefly before turning back to Calliope, "Take care of him, please."

"Of course," Calliope nodded.

And with one last kiss, Isabelle walked away back to the institute, all three shadowhunters and seelie watched as the raven haired woman disappeared into the dead of the night.

"Isabelle told me it was your idea to rally the Downworlders," Meliorn spoke up, facing Clary. "That you spearheaded my rescue."

"Don't give me too much credit," Clary smiled, "Isabelle made this happen. We just helped," she says, proud of herself and everyone who helped.

"She's being modest," Calliope grinned, bumping shoulders against her sister's.

Jace smiled as well, "You're a shadowhunter now."