Glitter makes everything better

"Thanks for coming with me, Izzy," Calliope thanked Isabelle as they walked in the streets of New York with cups in hand and a bag of Calliope's favorite croissants in all of Brooklyn. "I know Alec said no going out without permission, but I can't let my GPA suffer just because the shadow world is after me and my sister."

"It's no trouble at all," Isabelle chuckled, taking a generous bite of the croissant she bought for herself. "Plus, it was a fresh view to see mundanes go to school. We never really had that since the Academy shut down after the Revolt happened."

"And I'm thankful that the Dean approved my request too," Calliope sighed in relief, drinking from her cup, tasting the milk chocolate that she loved so much.

"So how would that work exactly?" Isabelle asked her out of curiosity.

"Well, since I didn't have much trouble with my exams, technically speaking I can just do my assigned work without going to class unless it's required," Calliope tried to explain, "and since most of the coursework is online, I can just email my professors."

"Seems legit," Isabelle shrugged just before her phone started ringing, the both of them stopping to the side before Isabelle picked up. "It's Alec," Isabelle groaned, answering the call.

"We're fine, Alec. Calliope and I just went to her college to fix some things since you didn't want her to go alone," Isabelle started to explain. "Yes we are safe, no there is no one following us."

"We went for breakfast," Isabelle frowned, she looked up to Calliope motioning for Isabelle that she should talk to Alec. "Calliope wants to talk to you," Isabelle huffed, handing her phone to Calliope, mouthing a 'good luck' to the brunette.

"Hey Alec—"

"When I said you can't leave the institute, where in that statement did you find confusing?" Alec's low humorless tone rang in her ear. It made Calliope want to end the call instead of talking to him even more, she would rather accept his wrath in person than experience it through the phone.

"I understood the statement perfectly," Calliope answered, "but technically it's your fault since I did ask nicely and it was for a very reasonable cause too."

"Do you know how dangerous it is for you to run around the streets of New york? There are more important things to worry about than some mundane school, like the mortal cup still missing. Yours and your sister' s memories are still being blocked by a warlock, and oh, your father on the loose and the circle on the loose," Alec proceeded to list down making Calliope frown at his nagging. "I don't see the point on attending this mundane college—"

"Good bye, Alec," Calliope scoffed, ending the call and handing the phone back to Isabelle who looked at her amused.

"What did he say?" Isabelle asked her, tucking her phone back into her pocket.

"Is your brother always such a prick?" Calliope asked, causing Isabelle to roar in laughter by her words.

"Oftentimes," Isabelle giggled after calming down just a bit. "Just another thing a first born does apparently," she shrugs as they continue their way back to the institute which wasn't that far from when Alec called them.

"He needs to take a chill pill, or get laid. When was the last time he got some action?" Calliope found herself asking before she paused and realized what she just said. "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to say all that," she turned to Isabelle.

"Why? What you said is all true," Isabelle shrugged, finally reaching the institute, opening the door for Calliope who thanked her. "Plus, I don't even think he knows what sex is," Isabelle grinned, walking ahead into the ops center where they saw Alec with his arms crossed over his chest.