Heroic Paul

Paul's heart raced as John collapsed onto the ground. He felt as though he couldn't move, the sight was just too shocking. No coherent thoughts were in his head, it was all too much.
At least one realization broke his trance. Paul had to do something. His friend's life was in danger. Paul rushed towards John, tenderly flipping him onto his back to check for any facial injuries. Nothing, only a small bruise. It didn't look too bad.
Paul remembered that John had a phone. He could call someone! Maybe it all would actually be okay.
George and Ringo sat down worriedly next to Paul.
"Is he alright?" George asked tensely.
"I think so," Paul murmured. He noticed a little button on the screen that had something that  appeared to be a phone.
"There's got to be a number these days, right?" Paul thought aloud as he got himself out of that phone section.
He'd forgotten the name of the search engine that was used earlier. That wasn't helpful in the slightest.
At least someone walking by noticed the scene, and appeared to be doing what Paul was unable to do. A large amount of stress was lifted from him, which felt wonderful.
In a few minutes, he could hear the sounds of sirens. That was good. There was still the mystery as to what had actually happened, though. John was fine until now.
Paul was very grateful when an ambulance arrived. The vehicle's presence was incredibly reassuring. The people who emerged from it began to ask Paul various questions.
"Has he been hydrated enough?"
"Had he mentioned any feelings of discomfort?"
Paul didn't know the answer to the first question, and said no to the second. John's vitals were checked and he was carried into the vehicle on a stretcher.
Paul was the only one allowed inside of it. He felt poorly for George and Ringo, as they did actually care for John. Paul hoped that they'd be okay.