T e n

Scorpio's POV

After bidding a farewell to the travelers, I went on My way to my little house in the town, quite near to Cancer's. The way back was noisy and full of excitement, probably because of the fact that there was finally going to be peace amongst the realms.

People were talking here and there, some asking about how the Air rulers were, some wanting to know about the fuana, while others wished to know whether the other two realms were in on this Alliance.

But there was this one conversation that got my attention.

"Hey, wasn't that the Royal painter's daughter?"

"Yes, her name's Scorpio."

"Didn't She go for the Alliance?"

"Well, she did detach herself from her family and denied to live up to her family's legacy. There was no reason for her to go."

"Such a shame! I heard That she has skilled hands too. I feel bad for the Royal Painters', they don't have a successor!"

And their conversation went on with ranting about how kind my parents were to let me live alone and accept my nonsense about not wanting to become a painter like them.

I roll my eyes and went on to walk back home. On my way back, I kept thinking about earlier.

They were not wrong though, I do know how to paint. If your parents are royal painters, you would be expected to know how to paint aswell. I was taught how to sketch, and paint from when I was 8. I still remember every lesson and every strokes of the Brush, how my mom would move her hand in a rhythmic manner, sketching a portrait to perfection and how my dad Used to hum while painting.

I grew up in the castle, And that was how I became Pisces's friend. He was older than me, but I took care of him like a big sister. When nobody was around, not even our parents or the guards, he would vent out all his hatred towards his dad and dislikeness towards his mom. His dad wasn't physically abusive but was verbally abusive. He wanted Pisces to look down on people who were at a Lower position than him and treat himself as Superior. But Pisces wasn't like that, And he was just a kid. His mother didn't quite help either, she pushed him to do 'elegant' things. Sword-fighting being One of them. But that isn't something that kids do.

By the age of 14, I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to be a painter, no hecking way. I wasn't going to serve those sh*tty rulers who treat their own Son like sh*t. Instead I wanted to be a knight, someone who fights for life and peace. Someone who guards and protects life. My parents were understanding of this. They acknowledged my dream but insisted me to stay With them in The castle. I ofcourse denied, I couldn't stand the disgusting rulers And training in such an environment in traumatic. So they got me a house in the town instead.

Since then, I have lived here, visiting my parents once in a while and training to be a knight. They say that they need a new General, Since the previous one retired. I am going to apply for it, hopefully after seeing me train And fight, they would honour me with the position.

I open the front gate and stepped inside my little home. It was a cozy place, with the soft lights all around. I walk towards the cupboard under the stair case, (Like Harry Potter) opening The white painted door to my stash of equipments. I rest my sword on the table and let my hair loose, they hurt from staying up in a rope braid for so long. I massage my scalp, heading towards My closet for a quick outfit change. This time I let my hair in a low pony tail.

I wrapped bandages on My knuckles and stepped Into my backyard. It wasn't that dark so I decided to test my punches. 

I brought out my practise dummy outside With me, next to a tree and began throwing punches And kicks on the hay dummy, which lost some hay with every hit. First up, I landed a kick on it's stomach, followed by chest and one to the head. I continued hitting in all possible spots and finished up by kicking the dummy on the belly. It landed on the ground with a huge thud and was broken in some places.