Chapter 2: Welcome to the team

You awoke to an indistinct alarm ringing, its source eluding you.

"Good morning, everyone," echoed a voice through the speaker, a facility-wide message. "Breakfast is already set on the table in the canteen; freshly baked pancakes with maple syrup." Your stomach growled in response; hunger pangs reminded you that you hadn't been given anything to eat yesterday.

The door opened once again, and Angela was there, accompanied by a "Gorilla?!" You screamed in shock.

"Well, at least she didn't call me a monkey. I'm Winston, a pleasure to meet you," he said in a deep, non-serious voice.

"You can speak?!" you exclaimed.

"Indeed," he replied.

Oh, well this is already a weird day you thought to yourself. Wait, Winston? Is he the scientist Lena was talking about? You thought for yourself.

"Y/n, Winston has been working on this machine for you" said Angela while showing a device in a table "This is going to help you control the electricity you produce" she said in a reassuring way.

Two hours later, they managed to put the machine on you without electrocuting anyone. It consisted of various parts: a small kind of vest, even though it looked more like a backpack, similar to Lena's but with a small storage unit for electricity behind it. There were gloves to prevent accidental electrocution, temporary until you could control your body's electricity. Behind your ears, they placed small antennae so you could release and grab electricity as needed, although you still didn't know how to use it. At least, you were finally out of that hamster ball, and that was a relief in itself.

"It works!" said Winston proud "Try touching the television screen" the tv was on with the news channels, you were afraid that you might break it but that didn't happen, it was fine, you touched and nothing happened excited you hugged Angela and Winston.

"Thank you a lot, for real!" you said sincerely and happily.

"There is something we want to ask you Y/n" said Angela and followed by that Winston started speaking

"You might not know this but having the ability to control electricity might be a great power and it might also be a great for our team, we would like you to join to overwatch" he said, you thought about it.Lena already told you that it might be a possibility so you where thinking it last night, as much you would love to join this group of heros you had responsibilities in your current job.

"What will happen with my old job? I mean, in theory I have a work already" you said.

Angela answered "Well, I guess you still don't know but there's a lawsuit going on to the company you were working on, after they tested on you the news reporters got the hang of the story and discovered that Robert was also testing with other people and animals but they all died." you were in shock, Robert? He was your coworker and boss. You didn't know any of that.

"You are the only one that survived, Robert or anyone else don't know you are alive, just you mom, she was there in time and called me to pick you up, and so I did" she said, how did your mom know about Angela and her? You didn't tell her about the experiment. How could she contact overwatch, you still have to call her so you ask her later.

"That's why we thought you could join us, you would adopt a new nickname and we would train you, you will be safe of exterior corrupt parties, except when we have to fight, but you won't at least have to deal with that rouged company anymore" she gave you a smile waiting for your answer.

"I will join" you said quickly, you don't have anything to lose, everything you knew was work in the laboratory where you thought the work was made safely without any animal or human harmfull testing that was dangerous. You want to take revenge on Robert, that bastard almost killed you after all.