Chapter 10. Mother

Upon returning to Watchpoint: Gibraltar, fatigue lingered among the team, prompting everyone to disperse for various activities and work-related tasks. Brigitte and Reinhardt geared up to address the malfunctioning Omnic in Sweden, a critical part for the team. Left with little on your agenda, you retreated to your room with Tracer, who, understandably drained from extended piloting, wasted no time in succumbing to sleep. In the tranquil moment, conversation between you and Tracer was sparse, as she swiftly found her way to bed and dozed off.

You couldn't help but smile, feeling a hint of amusement, as you draped a blanket over her, observing the endearing sight of her hugging her pillow. Changing into your pajamas, you settled into your own bed after a brief reading, you were ready to embrace a well-deserved night's rest.

The week unfolded with intensive training sessions, during which Tracer proved to be an invaluable mentor. She guided you through aim training, imparted strategies for seeking optimal cover during gunfire, and even shared insights on self-defense techniques. Genji, too, gradually opened up, taking on the role of a mentor. He introduced you to the practice of meditation he was very fond of and provided deeper insights into who Zenyatta was.

Today brought a new mission, this time with a select few members of the team heading out. Intelligence suggested that Talon had launched an attack in Barcelona, close to Gibraltar. The mission's squad included Tracer, Winston, Genji, and Mercy, under the assumption that there might not be any direct confrontations, or so they were led to believe.

Talon, apparently, strategically planted bombs in the heart of Barcelona, precisely at La Sagrada Familia; a colossal church undergoing construction for numerous years. Although the area had been successfully evacuated, local law enforcement was already on the scene, prompting a call to Overwatch headquarters for additional assistance on the bombs and the hostage that was inside the church. The team prepared to navigate this delicate situation, wary of potential complications despite the initial assessment that the area might be devoid of immediate threats.

Once again, Tracer assumed the role of the pilot, a position she always assumed. A quick, 30-minute flight had everyone on edge as they geared up inside the shuttle, bracing themselves for the impending battle.

"Ready, luvs?" Tracer called out with her signature enthusiasm as she expertly landed the ship, setting the tone for the mission ahead. The team, armed and prepared, awaited the next phase of the operation, anticipating the challenges that awaited them in the city streets of Barcelona.

"More than ready," you replied, placing your hands on Tracer's shoulders, your gaze drawn to the looming cathedral visible through the window. Tracer, catching your eye, offered a soft smile, and you reciprocated, feeling a hint of blush coloring your cheeks. The ship's door opened, and Tracer exclaimed, "Let's go!" Stepping onto the scene, the entire team was captivated by the grandeur of the church. As you marveled at the sight, a police officer approached the group.

"Hola," he greeted in Spanish, his strong Spanish-Catalan accent apparent. "I guess you all got the memo, but there have been some bombs detected," he informed, and the team nodded in agreement. "I leave you with the work then," he said, bidding farewell and wishing everyone good luck before stepping away.

Your initial confidence in the mission wavered only slightly. Disarming bombs seemed straightforward, but as reality set in, it became evident that the task was more complex than anticipated. Inside the targeted location, three members of Talon were reportedly present, guarding a high-profile CEO from a security company. The stakes had risen, injecting a new layer of challenge into what initially seemed like a routine mission.

"Genji, Mercy, you both go to the top of the church," Winston reiterated the plan. Your gaze followed the trajectory of the tall structure as Winston continued, and a moment of skepticism crossed your mind: could they really reach the top? But then again, Genji was a ninja, and Mercy had her Valkyrie suit. "There's a door on the very top. Inspect the areas for bombs, and there's a possibility that Widowmaker is there, so be careful," Winston instructed them. Turning to you and Tracer, he continued, "You both go to the main entrance. Same for you both, be careful. I will stay at the ship monitoring everyone. I'll be at the radio if any of you have an emergency call, and I'll go inside." The plan sounded solid, and you nodded in agreement, ready to play your part in this high-stakes mission. The team dispersed, each member focused on their designated tasks, and you prepared for the challenges that lay ahead.

Tracer and you assumed your positions, reaching the imposing main entrance with its massive door. As you entered, scanning the area for any immediate threats, none were immediately apparent. Tracer deftly blinked between columns, using them for cover, and spoke over the radio to keep you informed.

"Be careful, I see a device near the organ," Tracer warned over the radio, indicating the giant instrument at the very back. You acknowledged her message with a nod and quickly maneuvered towards the device.

It stood out with its purple hue, containing a mysterious gas and a network of attached wires. The task seemed straightforward, a precise electrocution at the right spot would disarm it, but any misstep could result in a dangerous explosion. Carefully, you assessed the situation, focusing on the delicate task at hand, mindful of the potential consequences of any misjudgment.

Tracer approached, eyeing the device, and remarked, "Probably red wire bad, green good," injecting a bit of humor into the tense situation. Rather than fixating on the wires, you opted to focus on the device connected to the other end of the purplish one a metallic plate. Retrieving a screwdriver, you skillfully opened the box, revealing an array of components. The training on the ship paid off, and with a combination of your newfound electrical prowess, you successfully disarmed the device.

"Sweet! Nice one, (y/n)," Lena complimented yo, a momentary sense of accomplishment shared among the team amidst the intensity of the mission.

"Thanks, let's continue though; there might be more," you said, determined to press on.

Climbing a set of stairs, you encountered another bomb, and together, you and Tracer successfully disarmed it once again. The mission was progressing smoothly until an unexpected voice echoed in the darkness.

"I see you both are doing a good job with those bombs..." The voice drew nearer, and as the figure emerged from the shadows, you both turned your attention to her, a tall woman with ginger hair, half of her face concealed by a mask. The voice faltered abruptly, replaced by an expression of surprise on her face. The same shock mirrored on your own face when you recognized her.

"Mom?" you exclaimed, the revelation hitting you. Tracer, equally astonished.

------

Ik this is a shorter chapter but wow the revalation, would u have guess it? Moira being your mom, she slays.