Chapter 9: Toronto liberation

The week following Cassidy's revelation about the need for an additional member to the team had been a flurry of preparations and anticipation, especially after the celebration everyone had in your first accomplished mission.

You were still hoping to see your mother, but she still didn't answer the message you sent her some days ago. Tracer and you had many times together. She helped you decorate your room. You both painted your side of the wall with a silvery color, your bed sheets were now a floral pattern of dahlias, you both also hanged some posters on the wall of different things and you had a new bookshelf.

Finally and you got to know D.va and Phara more, they were sweet girls and you had a ton of fun with them. You felt as if you found a new family after leaving your old life.

Robert, your boss, remained entangled in the legal proceedings, it was looking like he would get away with his experiments since he had the money to bride the judge. The injustice of the situation fueled your fury, one day you will take matters to your own hands.

Overwatch, now bolstered by the recent recruits, including Phara, D.va, Zarya, Cassidy, Pahara, Lució and Baptise, set its sights on Toronto, Canada, in pursuit of the elusive strategist known as Sojourn, she was known by her leadership and looks like most of the team already knew her except you and a few others in the team.

The journey was long but swift, Tracer as pilot, Echo and D.va as co-pilots. The team arrived in the heart of Toronto, where the bustling cityscape. The sprawling metropolis offered a myriad of possibilities, each alley and street corner potentially concealing the sought-after Sojourn. But there was a problem, that everyone knew before arriving, you including, Toronto was getting attacked by the Null sector and y'all had to stop them.

________

Sojourn swiftly dispatched the towering robot with a well-aimed shot before deftly sliding beneath its massive frame, her movements effortlessly facilitated by the blanket of snow beneath her. Gliding with an innate grace, she skillfully guided the citizens out of harm's way, dispatching the incoming robots with precision and ease. Her shots rang out in rapid succession, rendering the assailant's machines non-functional in quick succession.

Utilizing her cybernetic legs, Sojourn executed a powerful jump that carried her high into the air. Gracefully descending, she landed atop another robot, obliterating it with the impact. With a determined gaze, she turned her attention to the remaining citizens, acknowledging their valiant but futile attempts to defend themselves with makeshift bricks strewn across the snowy ground.

"I will give you points for courage, but it takes more than bricks to stop these things" she remarked, her voice steady and resolute "Head for the ferry terminal. It's the only way out" Observing the citizens struggle, she issued a clear directive, her tone authoritative. She pointed the way and gave them directions quickly and the citizen ran to safety.

A familiar voiced called her from a distance.

"Good to see you haven't lost your touch" said Cassidy from the other side of the road. Sojourn got scared of it for a moment pointing the gun in the direction but when she noticed who it was she put the gun away. "It's been a while Vivian" she knew who he was, Cassidy, an old friend of hers.

"As if I didn't have enough problems already" she said jokingly with a smile.

"Told ya' I could track her down" said the cowboy to the team who was standing behind him.

"I see forced retirement didn't suit you either" said Rainhart and Sojourn chuckled.

"It was great until all this" she replied with a sad expression "But this last few days..." she sighed.