Chapter 6: Nuclear core

You and the team where back in the shuttle Tracer and Echo flew it closer to the big ship in the sky, when it was close enough to an entrance you all, except Echo, jumped out of it. Back to the fight, but this time you had a major work to do, everyone was counting on you.

"Tracer and y/n" screamed Winston while killing some robots "Go inside the ship and fry the nuclear core" you and tracer nodded and ran towards a door.

While the team was fighting on the deck, you and Tracer were infiltrating inside the big ship. You both didn't know where the core was.

"Here!" you pointed to the wall where there was a map of the ship with each floor.

"Smart one, luv" said Tracer to you.

You both got closer trying to be caught on a camera in the hallway, Tracer shot it down so you both wouldn't be recorded on it. You looked at the map and located where you were situated first, and then searched for the nuclear core.

"Found it" you said while still watching the map for a fast route. You had good memory, specially visual memory "Follow me"

You and tracer went through some corridors killing some security robots in the way and some cameras there were, you both tried to not make any noise and only use signs with your hands, it almost felt like you were in a spy movie. The ship was huge and it almost was a labyrinth or like a city inside there.

"Careful" whispered to you Tracer. Stopping you from moving, taking you by the arm. You looked at her and she looked at two robots that were securing a door, that was the room where the core was. "Let me deal with them" she blinked behind them and shot them both at their neck where the cables were concentrated, they fell down on the floor. "Safe now" she said, making a sign for you to come closer.

You both were in front of the door, it had a password panel and the door was shut. Even with all the force you both made you couldn't open it. You stayed thinking for a bit and got a good idea. You walk in front of the password panel and touch it with your finger tips, you concentrate yourself with an electric shock you blow the panel. The door suddenly opened with force, the circuits were burned so it opened itself. Tracer was surprised at your fast thinking.

"Let's go in, you said to her" and both of you ran inside.

In the middle of the room a glowing ball of what looked like electricity was concentrated, that must be the core. It was inside a glass container and it had another panel with different functions that you could not use since all of them needed a password. An alarm started ringing.

"Intrusion, intrusion" said a robotic voice through the speakers "Intrusions located at facility number 0012" that was the room you were at. There was a security camera just behind the door. How could you both miss that? Tracer shot the camera. The lights of the ship started to blink red.

"We must do this quickly" she said to you a bit worried. "Take care and destroy the core, I'll be here destroying the robots" she shot to some incoming robots.

"Alright" you ran towards the panel, clicking buttons, and nothing was happening. You were panicking at that moment.

You thought that maybe overcooking the controls just like you did to the password panel before my work so you did that with the same voltage as before, but the machine was still running, you had to use electricity to fry that. You concentrated yourself in gathering more electricity with your antennas, while Tracer was shooting robots that were incoming in all entrances of the room.

"Be careful!" she screamed at you. There was a robot about to shoot you in the head, Tracer blinked in front of you stopping the bullet with her body, to be exact her left arm. You felt as the time stopped for a moment, you saw the blood of Tracer splashing, she used her right gun to shoot down the robot "You alright, luv?" she said with a smile while she was in pain and holding her injured arm.