Arrival

By the time me and Drake Vice got to the train station I already had my mind made up. I wanted to be the second last person standing. Then I was going to take my own self out. Rather that was by eating something bad or jumping off a tree it didn't matter. That was my plan. 

Everything in the train looked so fabulous. Effie left me and Drake to talk. "Are you not terrified?" He asked me. "Eh not really" I answered. His face was shocked.

"How are you not scared?" He wondered. I smiled as I thought of the memory. "My Ma used to tell me this saying "if you live your whole life scared then we're you ever living?" It changed my perspective on everything. I come from a person who beat the games." I explained. "Lucy Gray Baird" He mumbled. "Is that obvious?" I asked. "You guys do not look that similar but your tone and singing is alike" "How do you know?" He laughed. "I knew how to see everyone ever played in these games" He spoke. That's not strange. 

"So that's the reason you volunteered?" I curved my eyebrows. "To the keep tradition going?" "No I did it because I knew my sister wouldn't make it out. I have a small chance of making it myself but my survival kills are better than Her's". Drake smiled. "That's a very brave thing to do for somebody" he mentioned.

"It's something you do for someone you love" my accent came out strong. "I want you to win. If it means having to kill me to do it" he instructed. "I'm not going to kill anyone. I can't do it. I have a special plan" "well what is that plan?"

I took a breath. "I want to be the second person left standing. I just need to survive that long. Then I'll get rid of myself somehow. Rather it be eating a poison berry or playing hang man from a tree, it doesn't matter."

He looked surprised. "But what if you end of winning?" He questioned. I never really thought about what I would do if I won.

"Hopefully I can come back to Annabelle and my pa, then we can live the rest of our lives together until we are Grey and old" I smiled thinking of it.

"You do want to win!" "It would be nice-" "I thought you were suicidal but you're not. The smile on your face proves that you do want to live." He pointed out.

Drake smiled a bright smile. "I will do whatever I can to make sure you win this game so you can go take care of your sister, she definitely needs you" I smiled. "That's not necessary" "consider it the last good deed I will be able to do.". The door opened. 

Before Effie left she explained how only for a short while we get to enjoy all of this food and such. "I'm hungry are you?" I questioned Drake. He nodded his head no. "Suit yourself!" I spoke and grabbed me a few sweet's. 

I ate some of them and Drake was eyeballing them. I sighed "Go make you something you have drool dripping off your chin!" He laughed and wiped his chin. He finally got up and made him a big plate. 

The door opened. "This is your mentor, Locksmith!" Effie announced and left. He walked and grabbed a bottle of alcohol. I wanted to know the best tip's on how to survive. I forgot to ask my grandma.  

"Do you have tips?" I asked him. He flicked his red hair out the way. "Just don't die" He answered. "Any good tips?" I asked again. He took a breath and looked at me. He paused. "You are related to Lucy!" He noticed. I rolled my eye's. "She won the 10th game why not ask her?" "She's dead!" I told him. 

He took a sip. "To bad she was a great singer. Do you sing?" "Yea but that's not going to help me! I need help with tips on how to survive!" I demanded. He went back to filling his drink back up. "You are useless!" Drake spoke. "Not useless but I am not your friend. Why should I help you with tips if you never helped me?" Locksmith said. 

"Evening" He tilted his cup and walked out. I threw my head back. "Look we will get advice" Drake said. "That's not why I am worried darling" I smiled. He widened his eyes. "He took the last muffin" I mentioned. 

That night I was in a bed. I was watching this show. It was footage of one of the hunger games. I felt sick and turned it off. I barley slept. The next morning, I seen Drake and Locksmith sitting together. 

"Yeah you never want to do that" Locksmith told him. "Do what?" I questioned and sat down. "Create light" Drake spoke. "What are you guys talking about?" I asked. "Shelter and stuff" "Shelter? How do you find shelter?" I asked Smith. "Could you hand me a fork?" "Tell me how to find shelter!" I was getting a little angry. 

He reached over towards me and I took the fork threw it and made it land next to his arm. He looked at me crazy. "I asked a question and now I want my answer sir" I stayed straight faced. 

"Best place is either tree's or already dug places" "How can I survive longer?" He smirked. "Get people to like you and if you keep acting like this no one will" He told me. I rolled my eyes. "You could be this close to death and some matches or a knife can save your life. You need sponsors. Well how do you get them? You need people to like you! I would do one of them songs or something" He explained. 

Drake jumped up "it's time!" He said and ran to the window. I looked as we were going through these flashing lights. Then there were people. "Hold on to this fork.. He's good!" Smith mentioned. 

I hurried and walked to the window. I smiled and waved. People were cheering more. "He's not that good" He curved his eyes at me. "I'm just kidding love no need to get twisted up!" I smirked.  Seeing all these people made me nervous. I was actually scared now. 

When we got inside they hosed everyone down. They pulled my hair from everywhere. I felt like an animal getting skinned. When I was being moved I noticed someone out the corner of my eye that made me do a double take. Katniss. She was looking at me. I smiled at her and she looked so scared. I feel so bad for her. She doesn't deserve this. Now I need her to win. 

I was sitting in the waiting room waiting on the person who was going to design me for the parade tonight. "Hey Mavis" Someone said. I sat up and it was a guy. "Hey!" I tried to be cheerful. He looked at me hard. "I already know what I am going to do. Can you sing?" He asked. I nodded my head. "song bird!" He shouted. I smirked. "My parents called me that" "Perfect!"

He dressed me and Drake in a black skin tight suit. He added feather that were in different colors like yellow, blue and brown. He did my makeup and put my hair into these braids. "He came over with some little circle things. "What is that?" Drake asked. "Smoke bombs! We are going to have you guys smoked out!" he cheered. 

There were so many people here watching. I have never seen so many people. Everyone went out but our horses were not going. Katniss had flames on her. She looked amazing. 

"District 14?" The man asked on the speaker. This man came and hit the horses and they took off. "Smoke bombs here!" Darius called and threw them. We came out fast. People started cheering. "Wow look a here district 14 is showing there feathers!" The man announced. "Put your arms out" Drake spoke. "Huh?" "Stick your arms out!" Our feathers unfolded nicely. 

We were placed in front of president snow. "Welcome.. Welcome! tributes we welcome you. We salute your courage and sacrifice! We wish you a happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favor." Snow announced. Something about him made me angry. Maybe because he had the power to stop the games. 

We were pulled away into the meeting area. "That was amazing!" Darius told us. I smiled. "I am quite impressed" Locksmith spoke. "You might not want to breath in to much smoke might take you out" I told him. He laughed. "You are sassy! Darius told me. "Can't take my sass!" I sang. 

There eyes were widen. "We have to get her singing part somewhere!" Darius told Locksmith. "Come on it's time to go upstairs" He spoke. We walked up. "Each district get their own floor. Since you are 14th you get the penthouse!" Darius explained.

It was huge! Everything was big and high tech I was surprised at everything. "How about you guys get cleaned up!" Darius recommended. I took a shower with really hot water. It was amazing. Then I put on some black leggings and a big blue shirt. I wish the hunger games was to see who would be bored in this big place first. But then there would be no blood and pain so where is the fun in that?