CATCHING FIRE

It's been 5 months since the 74th reaping. It never got easier. The flashbacks never stopped. The constant fear of feeling like I was going to die never left. The only thing that changed was me and my situation. Me and my family got placed in victor's village. It was nice to live in a proper time. My father and sister are here. I offered grandma a place to stay but she declined. She liked her small wooden house better. 

It was only us and Locksmith who lived here. It was quite. My father was getting sick. It was getting harder for him to work. He wools sheep and other animals and sends them to the fabric places. We thought it was just a small cold. It has been like this for 2 months. 

My sister has grown up some. She is hunting and training. She is scared she will be picked or something. She had got really strong. She is not to my level yet. She has been acting different towards me. She seems angry often. She is not the only one to change. I quit being nice to people who did not deserve it. I stopped singing at pubs because the capital said I could not do it anymore. It stopped dancing through the streets. I stopped singing in general.

I have a big tattoo on my arm to my neck I got from this strange man. It was definitely an experience. I have been working on myself. I lost some weight. I gained muscle. I am more flexible. I joined fighting groups that we are not aloud to tell anyone about. 

I haven't seen Katniss since the reaping either. I waited two weeks for her at our spot. She never showed. I haven't been back since. I have been busy and I suppose she has been busy herself. 

I see Drake everywhere. Of course, not physically but in the little things. I remember that day. When he mouthed boring to me. The video was a little boring. He was not. He made me smile and laugh. Oh Drake how I miss you so. 

With Rue. I feel like she is watching me everywhere. I look into the tree's and see her. Or I will find a spot I think she would like to sit. I wish I could have traded spots with her. 

I was walking through the town. I just killed a snowbird and had a meltdown in the process. I was apologizing to the bird. Today was the victory tour. I went to Locksmiths house. I walked inside. "Smith!" I called out. He was laying on the couch. 

"Of course you are sleeping" I mumbled as I walked to him. "Smith!" I yelled. "Hey Smith get up" I told him. I had enough so I slapped his arm. He jumped up. "What the heck Mavis!" He shouted. I smiled. "Good you are up!" I told him. I went to his kitchen and got him some bread and butter. "Sober up!" I directed and handed it to him. 

"I am sober enough. Thanks" he took the bread. "I got to go to my house I need to get ready and so do you. Take a shower or something you smell" I told him. He laughed "You are just a ray of sunshine" He joked. "Thanks darling" I told him and shut the front door. 

I walked inside of my house. "I am home!" I yelled. "You have a guest sweetie" My father said. He pointed towards the office library. I walked into there. It was Snow. "Ah good to see you Mavis" "Likewise" "Here I have you something" He pulled out a black rose. I smiled and took it. "Thank you" I told him. "I hope you have a good time on the tour" He told me. I nodded. 

He walked into the living room. He stopped and looked at my father. He nodded his head and walked out. I just noticed him and my father look alike. "What did he want?" My father questioned. "Wished me luck daddy. You need to rest you are pale" I mentioned. He kissed my head and got on the couch. I heard someone knock on the door. 

I opened it. It was Effie. "There she is! Our victory!" She cheered. I smiled lightly as she kissed me. She introduced me to her designers. Then someone came from behind her. "Darius!" I shouted and gave him a hug. "Hello Songbird!" He cheered. I was beyond happy to see him.