75th

I was walking around talking to people. At least trying to. I learned something from everyone I spoke with. A lot of these people were way more intelligent than the other group.

"Mavis try this!" Locksmith pointed to this room. "What is that?" I questioned. "Take these little knifes. It's a simulation box. Fake people come at you from all angles and you have to kill them before they kill you!" He explained. "Why would I want to do that?" "Practice sweet pea!" I smirked and walked in the box

The lights went dim on it. Next thing I knew red lasers were out and fake people were coming at me. I took the little knife and started swinging. I got them all and it went by faster than I thought.

I heard clapping. Everyone watched me from the box. I smiled at them.

Later that night Locksmith was explaining that a lot of people wanted to be my allies. I said I wanted peeta and Katniss of course. Locksmith didn't though. "You three got lucky last time and this will not happen again! You need someone with more experience!" He shouted at me. "If not them then I do not want any alley!" I told him.

The next day I was the last one waiting to be called for my individual evaluation. They finally called my name. I walked in and seen Locksmith watching me as he walked out. I looked down at the ground of a painting. It was rue. I felt the tears welding in my eyes.

"I heard you singing during the interviews" "thank you I think you are a good hider" her smile was bright. "Miss Baird!" I looked up. "You have 10 minutes to present your chosen skill" I looked at all the items I had to use. Someone else had a man hanging from the celling. Interesting.

Where do I even start? I grabbed some red and purple paint. I grabbed the fake dummy men. I added red paint and blood and purple as bruises. I then grabbed some brown,yellow and blue paint. I did something I was supposed to stop.

I painted a song bird on his chest. I took the tape and put it over his mouth and in red I wrote "speak". I then drove an arrow in his forehead. I tied his hands to behind his back.

I heard the buzzer go off. They turned around and looked. I smirked as they had confused looks. I bowed and winked then walked back to go on about my day.

We had to get ready for our finally interview. Darius took my hand and showed me the dress. It was all black with gems. "What is this for?" I questioned. "Snow picked it out for you." "Why?" "I think it might be for drake and the weeding you guys will never have" my heart stared hurting. Why would he just say something like that?

"I am sorry I did not mean to say it like that" I shock my head "it's okay" I got dressed and Effie came to collect me. "You look amazing dear!" She told me. She directed me to wear I needed to stand. She pushed the last Bobby pin into my hair. I was upset now.

I was listening to Peeta talk after Katniss. He said a baby. Katniss is pregnant?

"You know what to do and what to say. Be yourself just with no attitude or no sassy mouth or any of that!" She instructed.

"Why are you wearing a sad weeding dress?" Johanna asked me. "Snow made it" I said and rolled my eyes. "Ladies and gentlemen!" I hear Caesar talk. "Like I told Katniss.. Make him pay for it" she smiled at me. I smiled at her. "Song bird! The victor of last years hunger games... Mavis Baird!" I started rising.

People were cheering as I walked up. "You look gorgeous!" He's mentioned. The crowd went silent. "Oh don't flatter me!" I told him as he laughed. "On a serious note Mavis.. Would this be the dress you would have wore if you and Drake got married?" He asked me. My heart sunk. "Yes Snow wanted me to show everyone" "then please step and show!" He instructed.

I looked down at Darius. He moved his fingers in a circle. I spun around and everything went into a black cloud. I looked down. My dress was now grey, with blue and yellow feathers. How did this even happen?

Caesar was stuttering. "Wow it's another bird it's like uh" "song bird" I announced.  "You stylist is amazing and creative wow he had out did himself!" Darius stood up. "I wouldn't want a better stylist!" I smiled.

Locksmith time has come. "How do you feel about Mavis?" Ceaser asked him. Locksmith smiled. "Well.. Mavis is definitely hardheaded. She is basically like the daughter I never had. I actually love her a lot. I know she has what it takes to win. I hope she does. Only if her father was fighting this deadly sickness and she could be home with him" everyone gasped.

"How sick?" "Deadly he might die before she even starts the game. " I gasped. Was my dad that sick.  "Another reason to stop the games!" A man shouted. Everyone started yelling again. Katniss grabbed my hand and raised it. Everyone raised their hands as everyone yelled. The lights went dark and we were sent back to our rooms.

My dad is really that bad? Does locksmith know something I don't? Effie and Locksmith walked in. "What's wrong with my dad?" I asked him. He shock his head. "No!" I yelled. "I'm sorry" he whispered. "No!" I yelled and fell on the ground.

My breathing hitched. Why my dad? What about Anna? Grandma? What about me?

I did not sleep that night. I heard a knock on my door. "Hey sweetheart" locksmith said. "Hi" I mumbled. "Just listen to me and don't talk" he instructed. "No matter what it takes. You win this game you understand me! Don't think about me alright. You win." I frowned as he told me that. "Bu" "no Mavis. You have to be the winning girl" i hugged him. "I love you Locksmith" "I love you more Mavis"

Me and Darius loaded on the plane and we were in the tunnel. I kept crying about my dad.

"60 seconds" I heard. Darius smiled at me. "You got this baby girl. I know you can do this!" He cheered me on. "Thank you for .. everything Darius. I can never forget your kindness" he smiled big. "20 seconds"

He placed my song bird stitch on my. It had its own little song bird on it now. "If I do not make it back I just want you to know I love you okay?" He smiled. "I love you Mavis. And you will win" 10 seconds!"

I hugged him tightly. So did he. I was put in the tube. It wasn't going up. I heard the door open. These people dress in white started hitting Darius.

"Stop! Leave him alone stop!" I kept screaming. "STOP!" I yelled and banged on the glass trying to get out. I started lifting up. "NO!" I yelled.

I got to the top and I was still crying. We were in water. I didn't see anyone I knew. "Let the 75th hunger games began and may the odds be ever in your favor!"

I looked more and seen Peeta. He looked concerned. I was crying. The countdown was going down. I felt so angry. Then it got to one.