Mags

I jumped into the water

I jumped into the water. I swam until I could get up. I felt someone grabbed my neck from behind. This man was chocking me. I was kicking trying to get out his grip. "Can.. I .. say.. a goodbye?" I breathed out. He let go but he turned me around and still had my neck.

"Annabella if you can hear me! Just know I love you and to know I am fine!" I took my head and smashed it into to his. I felt dizzy but then an arrow went through his head. I looked behind me and seen Katniss. I let out a sigh as I made it over there. Her, Mags and Finnick were looking at something by me. This man was fighting Peeta in the water. Peeta was trying to jump out. I ran over and jumped on the man and pulled him under. We were going under and I punched him as hard as I could.

The man was still holding Peeta. I took his hand a pried it off. I was struggling to keep holding my breath. Finally the man stopped fighting me. I came back up gasping for air. Peeta grabbed me and pulled me up. "Damnit you both had me scared!" Katniss told us. I chuckled "He did not want to stay under" I mumble out of breath. We finally get back up and I grabbed a bow and a sward as well. "Has anyone seen Locksmith?" I questioned. "No" They all spoke. That made me nervous.

We ran into the woods. It was so hot out here. Finnick told us to hold up. He left Mags off his back and we all crouched down. I was fitting the flies away from my face. Then the cannon shot 3 times. I could not see the sky to tell if it was Locksmith or not. "Please do not let it be Locksmith" I whispered. "We will find him" Katniss reassured.

"Well I guess we are not holding hands anymore" Finnick spoke with a chuckle. "You think that's funny?" Katniss asked. "Every time that cannon goes off its music to my ears. I don't care about any of them." He explained. "Good to hear" Katniss pulled her blade out.

"Want to face the career pack alone? What would Haymitch say?" Finnick wondered. "Haymitch isn't here." I sense something feisty between these two. "Lets keep moving" I stood back up.

We got to this spot where we had to cut vines and limbs. Made me think of when I found Drake in those vines. I was just looking behind us. watching out for stalkers. "Peeta no!" I heard Katniss well then a big explosion that made me shimmy a little. I was far enough away where I did not fall but everyone else did. "Peeta?" Katniss said to his body. I ran over. "Peeta?" I asked.

"He's not breathing!" Katniss kept repeating. I was starting to push on his chest until I was pushed out the way. I seen finnick giving him mouth to mouth. Katniss grabbed on to my arm as she cried.

I remember this pain all to well. Finally Peeta took a breath and Katniss grabbed him. "Careful there is a force field up there" Peeta joked. I laughed "You even had me scared Peeta!" I told him. He smiled at me. Katniss explained to me how to find a force field. Turns out they are everywhere.

Finnick and Katniss were going to take first watch. I laid in the grass but could not sleep. Where is Locksmith? What is he doing? Is he alone? He was all I could think about. I just jumped up. Finnick and Katniss looked at me. "I am going to find Locksmith!" I told them.

"You can't!" Katniss tried to stop me. "Katniss if this was Peeta that was missing you would try and find him right?" I questioned. She went silent. "I cannot stop thinking about Locksmith and I need to find him before someone's else does and don't you dare try to stop me!" I instructed. "Just be careful Mavis!" She spoke. "I will"

I turned around to walk away. "You know Mavis.. You remind me of someone!" Finnick started talking. I turned around and looked back at him. I was annoyed already. "who?" "Just this girl I knew when I was younger. She was bold, beautiful and would do anything for someone she loved. You know I watched you last game and I was just like "This is just a girl who had some luck and love" But I see the way you are doing this game. You fought off a man who was chocking you, you saved Peeta in the water, Then you were going to do CPR on Peeta, You instantly knew who to find force fields when Katniss showed you them and I still cannot figure them out. Now you are searching for this man who you only met as your mentor last game. You have balls kid."

I smiled at him when he explained all these things I have already done. It doesn't even feel like a lot until he describes it like this. "Can you just stay with us tonight and we will all go hunting for Locksmith in the daytime?" He questioned. I looked at him. "Do you promise?" I asked. "Yes I promise Mavis"

I sat back down sharping sticks. They informed us on who all died. It wasn't Locksmith. Katniss got a gift. It was a spout for water to come out a tree. I was waiting on everyone to drink some. "Get some Mavis!" Finnick told me. "Has Mags got any?" I asked looking around. "I will get hers, You drink some!" He told me. I went and opened my mouth. The water tasted so good. I even rinsed my face

Me and Katniss were taking nightshift. She fell asleep and I let her. I looked behind her and seen fog. "Kat!" I shock her awake. She jumped. "What is that?" I asked her. The fog looked more like smoke. I backed up as she reached for it. "Katniss don't it could be po-" She yelled before I could finish. "Run! Run! The fog is poison!"

We took off running. I was ahead cutting trees for everyone. We meet in the middle. Peeta could not run anymore. Finnick was screaming. "I can't carry him" Katniss looked at Finnick. Mags grabbed Finnick and kissed him. The fog was getting closer. "Mags!" Finnick called. "Mags I can carry you!" I called and ran after her. "Mavis!" Katniss and finnick called after me.

Someone grabbed my foot and tripped me. "Mags!" I yelled as she walked into the fog. The cannon blew. I had tears fall down. I could have carried her! Why did she not stop? "Come on Mavis!" Finnick yelled. The fog touched my foot and it burned. I screamed as I ran. I fell down the hill into water. I watched as the boils came right off. The fog went rolling up. Force field.

"Come to the water it takes it away!" I told them. Katniss crawled over. Then Peeta. They yelled. I ran to Finnick and dragged him over. I laid him in the water and held his head as he screamed. "Shh its okay" I told him.

We all sat around. I went to look for my lost sward. I found it on the cliff. I whipped it on my clothes. "Mavis!" I heard Kat scream. I ran back then I seen these monkeys. They were growling. "What the fuck?" I shouted. "we have to get to the beach!" Peeta shouted. I started running and they attacked. I used my sward and started swinging.

"slicing and dicing baby!" I shouted as I was stabbing them. I felt bad but they kept trying to attack me. What is wrong with these animals? I was making my way towards everyone. These things kept coming. Then one grabbed my hair and pushed me on the tree. I had four surrounding me.

Then I seen one of their heads fly off. Finnick saved me. I fought the other two and ran to the beach. Me and Finnick stopped on the sand and had our weapons towards them. They went away.

He looked at me. "Thank you for saving me" I told him. "If you did not drag me into the water I might have died, So thank you" I smiled. "I am so sorry about Mags" "She would have not made it out anyways" I frowned. "But she still did amazing. Even though she did not make it out.. it can still hurt. You are allowed to feel about this" He shock his head.

"this game does not allow you to feel" I smiled. "That's how they get you.. You are allowed to feel and they do not want you to. That's where they lose." He nodded. I heard the cannon go off. He hugged me. I was taken back but I did hug him back as well. We caught fish and ate it. It was good to get something in our bellys. "Can I have yalls bones?" I questioned. Everyone looked crazy. "Fish bones duh" They laughed. "yes" They spoke.

"Why?" Finnick asked. "I can make a necklace, Traps, make home made arrows!" I explained. "You are creative!" Peeta told me. "While thank you!"

Then we heard someone scream.