Victory tour

The next days just felt horrible. We read from the papers, and we watch as people get taken. This little girl gave me flowers. "I am going to volunteer like you one day" That made me sick. I know she was little so I tried not to mind it. Sleeping only an hour every night was getting to me. Even with makeup on you could see my bags. 

People were getting rowdy. They wanted us to speak our mind. I am not aloud to speak no more because I sound like a robot. I walked into the cart where Katniss, Peeta, Locksmith and Haymitch were. I seen some alcohol was sitting on the cabinet. I poured me a glass. "What are you doing?" Locksmith questioned. "Trying to sleep" I said and chugged it. 

"You are not old enough for that!" "Oh but I am old enough to play a game where I kill or get killed?" I asked. "Come on don't be a smart ass" I slammed my glass down. "Rather be a smart ass than a dumbass" I mumbled. I was feeling dizzy pretty fast.  I haven't ate a meal in 3 days. Locksmith stood up and pushed me to the wall. 

"Mavis have you gone fucking insane!" He yelled. I just looked at him. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He questioned. " I don't know" I answered. I started crying. "I really don't know" I sobbed out. He hugged me. "I'm sorry Mavis I am just going through things I am sorry" He told me. 

In the next two days Katniss and Peeta got married. I wonder if Drake was alive would we have to fake our love or would it be real? I had a long day of getting ready. I was in this dark red dress. that had blue and yellow feathers down my spine Me, Katniss, Peeta and Effie were outside of president snows house. 

"The party of the year. Eyes bright chin up smiles on. I am talking to you ladies! Now there will be photographers, interviews, everybody will be here to celebrate you. My victors! Breath it all in children. This is all for you." Effie rambled. "it's cozy" Peeta spoke. I giggled. "Attitude! Come on" 

We had to walk past so many people. We finally got to an area full of food. "Flavius, Octavia!" Effie called. We were all eating and trying stuff. I got full fast. "Try one of these they are divine!" This girl suggested. "No I can not eat another thing!" Peeta told her and I nodded my head. "Here" "Whats this?" "it's for when you're full. It makes you sick. So you can go on eating. How else could you taste everything?" She explained. Her saying that made me sick. 

"Maybe just tasting small bites of everything or picking what looks the best and trying it." I suggested. She looked at me. "I think it's time to dance. Katniss?" Peeta told her. 

I watched on the sidelines. "Mavis!" Effie called as she walked over with an older man. "This is Plutarch Heavensbee. Head Gamemaker. Successor to Seneca Crane." She introduced. Recently Seneca passed away. "May I?" he asked as he stuck his hand out. "Sure" I told him and took it. 

We were dancing. "So how do you like the party?" He asked me. "It's alright" I answered. "It's appalling but still if you abandon your moral judgement, it could be fun." He explained. "Are you having fun?" "I'm the head gamemaker, fun is my job." "I though that's what happened to Seneca Crane, You know to much fun?" "Seneca decided to quit breathing." I chuckled. "I find that hard to believe" "It was that or poisons berries. Being head gamemaker has never been the most secure job in the world." "Then why are you here?" "Same reason as you, I volunteered." I was silent. "Ambition. The chances to make the games mean something." "The games are meant to abuse us" I told him. 

"Well maybe it was you who inspired me  to come back." I looked at him. We stopped dancing as the music stopped. "The presidential welcome, I am sure we will met again" He spoke. "Mavis come on! The president awaits!" Effie said. 

He gave a speech. Mainly about Katniss and Peeta and their engagement. Fireworks went off and everyone watched. I looked back at snow. Weirdly enough he already had his eyes set on me. He was moving his head no. I just held eye contact. 

Later on the train it was late. Still can not sleep. I was walking around. I seen this room half cracked. There was a screen on. People were burning things. There was signs in the air. Songbirds and mocking jays. I heard footsteps. I turned and it was Katniss. I waved her over. She looked and looked at me. We walked down the hall to my room. "What is that?" She questioned. 

"I do not know but is it not weird it is mocking jays and songbirds?" I asked her. "No it is definitely strange". I looked around. "Something is happening and it has something to do with us" I told her. "A rebellion" She spoke. "Huh?" "Snow came to my house and told me that if me and Peeta do not get closer he will kill my family. He thinks that we will start a rebellion" She explained. 

"He came by my house and gave me a good luck and fucking flower" I told her. She smiled. "He wont say much to you and I think I know why.. I was thinking. Your grandma said she was .. scared of something. Maybe it was a someone" "That someone is snow." I finished. "You have to ask her about!" "I would Katniss but she is in the grave" I told her. She curved her eyebrow. "I am so sorry I keep forgetting she passed away" "No it's fine. Goodnight Katniss" "Goodnight Maeve" 

Little did I know what hell was slowly coming.