The Hunger Games

"Listen carefully! Do not go for the stuff in the middle it will be a blood bath! Jump to the side and find higher ground and water but make sure it is safe! You know how to get animals keep a fire low dig underground if you have to. Watch everywhere" Locksmith was explaining.

I had so much fear flowing through me. We got to the plane thing. He cupped my face. "You got this honey I am here for you!" He told me and pated my head. I smiled and hugged him. "don't go soft no go get on there and kill it!" he told me. 

I ran over there. They strapped me down. I was diagonal from Katniss. They walked over with a big thing they have been putting in people's arm. "What is that?" She shot it in me and it did not really hurt. "Tracker" I nodded my head. 

When we got off I was escorted to this room. Darius was standing there. I smiled and threw my arms on him. "I am sorry for every doubting you birdy!" He told me. "Here" he said and handed me my coat. There was a stich on it. "Song Bird" It said. He smiled. "Secrets" I nodded my head. 

"30 seconds!" The voice called. I took a shaky breath. "I know you got this honey. Focus and preform!" He reminded me. "20 seconds!" He grabbed both my hands. He let them go and I got in the tube. I was so scared I could cry. 

It started to go up. Then I was above ground. I seen everyone. My eye's landed on Drake whose eyes were already on me. I smiled for one last good luck and he did too. I looked at the middle. There was a bow sitting there. I looked over at the person next to me. Peeta. He was looking at me nodding his head no. 

Then I looked to Katniss. She was eyeing a bow as well. She happened to look over. We only had 10 seconds left. I smiled at her. She did too even though she was on the break of tears. There was a noise and people started running. I darted off to the side.

There was a backpack there and I went and got it. I tried to throw it on my back real fast. I tripped and started rolling. I hit a tree stump hard. I felt dizzy already but I was not going to give up. 

Someone was running towards me. I hurried and stood up. I looked above and there was a tree in the middle of us I could jump and reach. I started running at him. Then before he tried to cut me I jumped up. I was reaching to different branches trying to get away. 

I ran out of easy passages. I was stuck and he was getting close. That was until I heard him scream and then fall. I looked behind us. Drake. I felt relieved and sad at the same time. "why?" I asked. "It's something you do for someone you love!" He quoted me. I smiled. 

I jumped down. "Now run and hide!" He told me. "You need to hi-" "I am fine!" There was a noise. "Go!" He told me. I took off running. I ran far until I found some water.

I took handfuls. I was beyond exhausted. I checked my bad. I had a water bottle, rope, a cheap rain coat, matches, and a good knife. I found thick sticks and carved them into daggers. I found a tall tree. I placed them all around my tree kind of hidden stuck out the ground. No one will hit them unless they try to climb my tree. I found a small fish. I cooked him up the best I could. 

I heard walking. I looked down. Katniss. "Pst Kat!" I said low. She looked around. "up above!" I said. She looked up. I climbed down. She threw her arms around me. "We have to stick together!" She told me. "Yeah here watch your step and come into my tree" I offered her. She carefully got up there. 

We tied our rope to the tree she we would not fall. We were resting as best as we could. I heard people talking and she hurried and put her finger up. "Are you sure this is the way they both went?" That one dude asked. "Yeah" "They teamed together" I heard Drake said. I widened my eyes. 

I finally went back to sleep. It was not a lot but I felt better sleeping in the tree than I did anywhere else. 

When the sun came up me and Katniss decided to explore. We walked around the woods together. We filled up our jugs and found some squirrel to eat. It was probably around 4 or 5 and she climbed in a tree. I stayed on the ground crafting little stuff with sticks and leaves. I made a little cross bow. I needed some string or something for it to really work.

I smelled something burning. I looked behind me and there was a big fire out of nowhere. I looked up and Katniss was asleep. We had this whistle we would do while hunting if there were peacekeepers by. I started doing it. She woke up and looked down at me. I pointed at the spreading fire. She hurried up and untied herself and jumped down. We started running. 

There were fireballs being thrown at us. One hit my leg and it burned. I stumbled and started rolling. I passed out and felt someone keep dunking me under water. I gasped and Katniss threw her hand on my mouth. She cut her eyes over. It was that one group from last night. 

"There they are!" They shouted. "Come on!" Katniss said and started climbing rocks. "I want her!" "No I want her!" They were fighting. "Fresh out the pond and someone found them!" They cheered.  I smiled. "Come catch me!" I shouted. "We will!" He yelled. 

We were running and they were close behind. "Climb the tree!" I mentioned to Katniss. She looked at me. "Trust me!" I warned her. She nodded and started climbing. I went and hide a few trees over. "Where are you going girl on fire!" Cato said. "I am going to get you miss Everdeen!" "Where is your songbird?" 

"Ow!" I yelled. "Found you birdy!" A dude yelled. I picked up a few rocks and stuck them in my pockets. "Go get her and we will stay here with her!" Cato instructed. I watched the dude start running and Drake looking over here in fear. I also see the Peeta is looking at Katniss. 

I start running with a limp. My leg was hurting so bad but I could run normally. When we finally got far enough away from his group, I set up my plan. I started swinging from the branches. I finally found a thick one that was high enough to stop on. 

I know I said I was not going to kill anyone. I personally was not going to kill anyone. Nature was. I started rubbing the sticks together and took a couple pieces of dried grass. I had a small fire started. "Hey!" I called down to him. He looked up. "I'm going to get you Mavis!" He yelled. "No your not!" I shouted. He looked angry. I looked up and acted like I seen something. "What is that!" I shouted. 

"Where!" He looked and I threw the burning tree down on his head. I jumped down from the tree and pushed him down the cliff. He screamed as he went down. "You made it out" I whispered low and I heard the cannon go off. 

I walked back with tears on my face. I knew I needed to get rid of someone. I just never knew it would be so hard. My knee was burning. It hurt so bad. I picked up some healthy leaf's. Before I knew it I was back around there group. I looked and seen Katniss in the tree. 

"That pour song bird did better than I thought!" The girl cheered. "I am glad he killed her!". I climbed the tree by me. I reached over to get on Kats tree. I made a branch snap and I was forced to hang on with one hand. "Look!" The girl yelled. 

"What the hell?" The dude said. I smiled. "Surprise!" I yelled while trying to pull myself back up.  "Get her!" Cato yelled. They ran under me with a sword trying to hit me. I pulled myself up. I climbed by Katniss. "What happened to him?" The girl down there yelled. 

"Death darling" I told her. I looked over at Katniss who looked at me. Her thigh was burnt. "Here" I said and handed her some of the leaves. "It will keep it from getting more infected." I mentioned. I took the string that was on the backpack I had. I tied it around my burn. I was biting on my jacket the whole time. 

We just sat up there waiting. It was dark now and we were trying to sleep. I heard a noise. I looked and above me was a little metal box. Katniss had one above her as well. I had to use my good leg and my upper body. It felt like my burnt leg was infected. I climbed up and reached it. I opened it and seen a piece of paper. "Use carefully. Keep being smart"-L. Locksmith? 

I seen there was a jar. I opened it and seen some cream. I took a nail full and rubbed it on my knee. There was instant relief. I looked over to Katniss who had her own jar. I went back to sleep feeling grateful.