Rue

My heart was beating fast as I looked around. I forgot where I was for a minute. I looked at my knee. It was just a big bruised scar now. I smiled. "Maeve" Katniss whispered. I looked at her. She looked over. I seen the little girl Rue sitting in the tree. I waved at her. She waved as well. It's good to see her surviving so long. She pointed up to this big bee hive. It was massive. 

Then she pointed to the group of sleeping people below us. She signaled cutting. She wanted us to cut the beehive on the group. That is Brillant. Tracker Jackers. Very painful sting and can cause hallucinations or death.  

Katniss choose she was going to go do it. I was watching her as she was getting stung. They are painful. Eventually she cut the branch and they dropped. There was so many of them. Me and Katniss climbed down. Before she got far she fell. "Katniss!" I called. She was walking crazy. 

She was hallucinating. I was trying to hold on to her and guide her. It was hard. We found a girl in the grass. She was all swollen. Katniss tried her best to get her bow. I found a sword. I smiled and grabbed it. I was trying to find somewhere to go until Kat's phase passed. That was until she passed out. I sighed. I had to find somewhere to hide her. 

I pulled her legs and took her to this tree that fell over. The roots were sitting up. I heard a snap behind me. I looked. It was the Rue girl. She was watching behind a tree. I smiled at her. "Thank you" I mouthed to her. She nodded her head. She walked over and grabbed leaves. She placed them on Katniss. 

"Thank you" I whispered. She smiled. "You're welcome" She told me. "Are you hungry?" I asked her. She nodded her head. "Can you watch over Katniss while I go hunt for something?" I questioned her. She nodded her head yes. "If anything happens scream okay?" I told her. She nodded. 

I took the sword and walked a little. I found 2 squirrels. I threw the sword at them and hit them. They are a little fat so I think we can all eat off them. I walked back and she was still sleeping. I cooked one squirrel. I burned myself trying to start the fire. Rue was eating it up. I took a couple bites but I was to worried. Katniss was knocked out and I do not know when she would wake up. I can not do this without her. 

"You want the rest of it?" I questioned Rue. "No its okay" I smiled "Take it that leg did me good enough" I told her and passed her the other legs. "What is Katniss wakes up?" She asked. "Then I can cook her the other one" She smiled and took the legs. 

"I heard you sing during the interview. It was beautiful" She mentioned. "Thank you. I think you are a good hider." She giggled at that. It got dark fast. We laid next to Katniss and Rue was in the middle. We laid on the ground to be close to Katniss. Rue got cozy next to me. I never did fall asleep though. Maybe for like an hour. 

The next day we explored. We both took turns watching Katniss. I went down to the river to get water for us all. Katniss was burning up. I do not know if it's heat or fever. When I got there I seen Cato's group. Peeta looked over at me. I widened my eyes. He picked up this big rock and threw it another direction. They started yelling and running. 

"Is she okay?" He mouthed to me. I shook my head no. I placed the hands together and put them next to my head to tell her she is sleeping. "She will be okay!" I mouthed. He nodded and followed the rest of them. I had no idea where Drake was. I am worried about him. 

I made more dinner for me and Rue. "They made a pyramid where the supplies is." Rue spoke. "Cato and them?" I asked. "Yeah. I seen your district member" She spoke. I looked at her. "Where?" I wondered. "He was collecting these berries by the river" She told me. I nodded. "You're worried about him?". I sighed. "A little". She giggled. 

I found some sticks and took my rope and made a little shield around us. When we woke up I went back down to the river. I had to refill our bottles. I looked over to the cliff and seen someone standing. Drake. I hurried and climbed up there. He was walking to the edge. 

"Drake!" I called out. He snapped around. He looked worried. "What are you doing here?" He asked me. "I seen you when I was getting water" I told him. He walked to me and grabbed my hand and lead me back down the cliff. "You need to go it's not safe over here" he told me. "What were you doing up there?" I questioned. "Taking in the view. Now do not come back over here you understand!". 

I looked in his eyes. "Were you going to kill yourself?" He gasped. Then he looked down. He looked back with teary eyes. He didn't need to. I hugged him tight. "Don't do that again you understand me?" I asked him. He nodded. There was noises. "Run go!" He shouted. I ran away. I grabbed more squirrels on the way and I found some snake skin. 

I seen Katniss sitting up. I smiled and ran over there. I wrapped my arms around her. She did the same. "Oh I am so glad you are awake!" I told her. She smiled. 

 I had Katniss make the fire because she is better at it than me. We cooked the food. It was good. "You want mine too?" Katniss asked Rue. She ate Her's to the bone. "No that's okay." Katniss laughed and gave it to her "here". 

I finished my leg. "How long was I asleep?" Kat questioned. "Days I had to keep putting water on your face so you wouldn't get to hot. " I spoke. "Yeah I changed your leaves twice!" Rue mentioned. "Thank you" She told us both. 

"So what happened while I was out?" Katniss wondered. "The girl from 1" "And the boy from 10" We told her. "And the boy from my district?" I smiled. "Yeah he's okay I think he's down by the river" Rue told her. "I seen him once when I was getting water. He distracted someone for me" I mentioned. I wanted her to know he still had a good heart.

"Is all of that true?" "What?" "About you and him?" We all started smiling. "So where are Cato and the others?" She changed the topic. I started frowning thinking about Drake. "They got all there supplies down by the lake. It's piled up in this great big pyramid." "That sounds tempting!" 

We fell asleep in this thick tree. The next day we had a plain to try and get supplies and blow there food up. I took some branches and the snake skin and made a holder for my sword. 

I was back tracking to make sure the fire distraction for Rue and Katniss was good. Me and Katniss was going to be on each side of the wood line and Rue was going to start the fire. It was going to distract the other group. 

We made a mocking bird symbol incase something happens. "I can stay back with you Rue" I suggested. "No it's okay we need all the stuff we can get and you do not" Rue told me. I smiled at her. "We will all have a good supper tonight" Katniss told her and gave her a hug. 

They let go and Rue came to me. I picked her up and swung her around. "Be smart be safe hider" I nicknamed her. "Be safe be smart seeker!" She told me back. Me and Katniss walked and split. I went to the other side. I seen them run as they seen the fire. Only one guy stayed back. After a few seconds this other girl came and took something. There was traps set up all around. 

I noticed Katniss was standing with her bow. She was aiming at something. Then she let the bow go. A bag of apples busted and they rolled down. Then a big explosion and next thing I know I was face in the dirt.  

BURNT. (The hunger games series!)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara