Chapter 123

The Night Before

Habun Castle Headquarters.

Milland, Terian, and the strategic officers were gathered around a round table.

"The second scouting party found a group of ice trolls near the fourth cave. Their number is thirteen. We should attack first, before more of them gather."

Vice-Commander Terian pointed to a forest under Stallin Mountain on the map.

"The fourth cave isn't that far away from the fifth cave."

"Yes. We should check to see if other ocean monsters came up around Stallin Forest while we eliminate the trolls."

"Hmm, trolls are one thing, but we also need to investigate shark moles."

Milland's gaze was directed at the map, then turned to look at the shark moles' fins that Radin had brought back.

"This is an unusual matter, so the vice-commander should act personally."

"Affirmative."

Terian nodded immediately, as if he knew that would happen.

"Bring the Snow Strikers and the Wolf Mercenary Corps. Eliminate the trolls and investigate up to the area around the northern sea before returning. As for the scouting parties..."

"I'll bring the second and the third."

"The third?"

"Yes!"

Milland expressed his doubt slightly, but Terian firmly shut his mouth—he clearly had no intention of changing his mind.

"Fine. You will depart in two days, at daybreak. Keep that in mind and prepare yourselves."

"Yes!"

The strategic officers left to develop the plan in more detail, leaving the father and the son as the only people in the commander's room.

"The second party has to go because they were the ones that found the trolls. Why did you pick the third party when they've only recently returned? The fourth and the fifth party haven't done anything in a while."

"I felt something after witnessing Raon's matches."

"You felt something?"

"Yes. Raon's prowess is certainly astonishing, but I'm sure there are similar people among the young geniuses of the Six Kings and Five Demons."

Milland nodded in agreement.

"However, the boy's spirit surpasses his might. The fierce will to defeat his opponent was powerful enough to overwhelm even me. The rough Wolf Mercenary Corps accepted their defeat as well, even giving him a thumbs up."

"So, you want to see if that spirit of his is the real deal or not."

"Yes, that is the case."

"Fine. He also wanted to fight, so there shouldn't be any problem."

Milland tapped the map and nodded.

"You can go."

"Yes!"

"However..."

His eyes grew serious as he folded the map and stood up.

"Be careful. The most dangerous moment is when change occurs."

"Understood."

Terian smiled, telling him to not worry.

* * *