Chapter 197

"Since it will begin soon, you should warm yourselves up."

When Raon ordered the swordsmen to warm up, a tall and slender swordsman walked towards him from the other side of the arena.

'Garon Zieghart.'

He looked similar to Raden, who he had crushed last time, but the energy wave emanating from him was on a completely different level. His entire body was surrounded with powerful energy, characteristic of those who surpassed the wall.

"Are you Raon?"

Garon approached Raon, stepping close enough that the sound of his breathing could be heard, and laughed coldly. He raised his chin while emanating a tremendous energy wave, as if he were trying to crush him.

"Yes."

Raon nonchalantly nodded under his pressure.

"Hmm."

Garon furrowed his brow. He apparently didn't expect Raon to take his pressure so easily.

"I heard you beat my vice-squad leader with a single punch, and you do look like you are capable enough."

"It was because he wasn't that strong."

"He wasn't that strong? Techly?"

"Yes."

"That is an excessive amount of arrogance you've got, just because you became a little famous."

"It's not arrogance. I'm just telling the truth."

Raon wasn't taunting nor laughing at him. It really was his honest opinion.

"I didn't appoint Techly as the vice-squad leader for his fist, but because of his sword. I assure you that he will be in a different dimension once he wields a sword."

"In that case, do you want to make a bet with me?"

"A bet?"

"If I defeat your vice-squad leader in a single strike once again, please be my next opponent, squad leader."

Raon continued, while watching Techly grind his teeth.

"After all, I won't have enough fun if the fight ends with a single strike."

"You son of a bitch!"

Techly, who was listening to them, came over while grinding his teeth.

"I wasn't using my sword back th..."

"The vice-squad leader dares to interrupt, swearing, when I'm talking with the squad leader. I guess the Golden Crest's hierarchy is a mess."

Raon sneered.

"P-Please excuse me."

Techly returned to his position once Garon gave him a cold look. His fist had turned red from clenching so hard, showing how angry he was.

"Raon Zieghart. That's an excessive amount of arrogance over such a small amount of fame."

"I suppose. It might be too much for the Golden Crest squad leader, who has no fame at all."

"You bastard..."

"So, why aren't you giving me your answer about the bet I suggested earlier? Do you not trust your subordinate?"

"Haa. I heard about your eloquence, but they were right about it. You are really good at taunting others."

Garon took a deep breath as a scary smile appeared on his face.

'I guess there's no way he would yield to a provocation like this.'

Raon snickered. He was apparently better than Raden in that regard. As Raon decided to use another method, Garon took a step forward.