Chapter 177

"A mission already? That's faster than I thought."

Rimmer's eyes widened, as he didn't expect that from him.

"It's because Raon lifted Burren up."

Glenn pointed his finger at Burren, whose confidence was returning to his steps.

"What's the mission we need to carry out, then?"

"I was initially planning to give it to a different squad, but I figured it wouldn't be a bad mission for the Light Wind right now."

Glenn turned around. He looked down at Rimmer with red eyes that could pierce through anything.

"You know about Porvan, right?"

"Of course."

Porvan was a neutral city located between Zieghart and the Balkar Kingdom. It was famous for trading and tourism because of the beautiful lake and the large river passing through it.

"There are multiple cases of disappearance in Provan right now."

"Disappearances..."

Rimmer narrowed his eyes, murmuring the word disappearance.

"Disappearances happen rather often, but their frequency hasn't decreased, and the soldiers and hired knights and mercenaries that were investigating also disappeared. It doesn't seem to be an ordinary incident."

"If even the knights are disappearing, it should be a serious matter."

Disappearances alone weren't rare occurrences, but the fact that the soldiers investigating the incident had disappeared signified that there were some abnormalities.

"A mass human trafficking, a secret organization, or..."

"It could be one of the Five Demons."

"I agree with that."

Rimmer nodded to Glenn's statement. Considering the fact that they were even attacking the knights and soldiers, it was most likely the work of crazy people that didn't fear the consequences of their actions.

"The Light Wind's mission is to save the missing people and remove the reason for their disappearance at Porvan. Can you do it?"

"I'll accept your orders."

Rimmer's green eyes, which used to be playful, grew as gloomy as the bottomless abyss.

"When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"Whaat? Even if Burren returns tomorrow, we haven't finished our preparations. That's too sudden..."

"A long time has passed already since the incident began. It should be stopped as quickly as possible. And anyway, announcing the mission right before leaving is something you usually do."

"Ugh!"

The corners of Glenn's mouth curved up as he observed Rimmer's flustered expression.

"I'll be counting on you, Light Wind squad leader."

With those as his last words, he made his way down North Grave Mountain.

"I'll personally behead you if you humiliate the house with this mission."

The Heavenly Blade division leader spoke bluntly, then followed Glenn.

"Hmm..."

Rimmer swirled his hand, observing them.

"When I think about it, there's not much I need to do."

He murmured something that would make Glenn throw lightning at him if he knew, and went to the pub.