Chapter 167

Raon looked at the distant North Grave Mountain. His red eyes saw not the present, but the day he met Vulcan for the first time—at the charcoal kiln, after he followed Rimmer.

'I was able to learn the Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation because of him.'

When he was anxious about the fact that he was the only one that was unable to acquire an aura in the fifth training ground, he received hints from his charcoal kiln—allowing him to both learn the Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation and reach two-stars with it at the same time.

Vulcan thanked him back then, as it allowed him to obtain a piece of golden charcoal, but Raon was the one that should've thanked him instead.

'So, he remembered the promise he made, when he said he'd make me a sword...'

Honestly, he couldn't complain even if Vulcan didn't keep his promise. It was pure coincidence that the golden charcoal had appeared, and Raon had managed to learn the Ten Thousand Flames Cultivation—even obtaining frost in the process.

However, Vulcan contacted him again, not forgetting his promise. Raon fell speechless with the overwhelming feeling of gratitude.

"Are you going?"

Rimmer also looked at the North Grave Mountain and smiled.

"I shall."

Raon immediately nodded.

'I can't miss such an opportunity.'

The highest-level blacksmiths were called the Continent's Blacksmiths, or the Great Blacksmiths. There was no way he would refuse, not when a Continent's Blacksmith—who was supposed to be as skilled as a dwarf—wanted to make him a sword.

"It does feel like you will get a rather interesting sword in your current state."

Rimmer glanced over his eyes, arms, and energy center, then grinned.

"Go to the blacksmith's village then, since the old man is building his body over there."

"Building his body?"

"He needs stamina in order to forge a proper blade. He was building his body for your sake. You will be surprised once you reach Mirtan."

"Mirtan..."

He'd heard that name before. It was a village located at the edge of Zieghart's domain, where many blacksmiths crafted nice weapons and equipment with the intense geothermal heat.

"By the way, Raon..."

Rimmer rolled his eyes.

"You remember who introduced that old man to you, right?"

"The squad leader did."

"Yes! You should never forget that fact. You are going to obtain a sword from a Continent's Blacksmith thanks to the great me!"

He raised his chin, saying that it was all thanks to him. Although Vulcan forging a blade for him was thanks to his own efforts rather than Rimmer, Raon didn't say anything for now.

"That's why I'm saying that, erm... can you give me a portion—like, a very small portion—of the gold..."

"No."

Raon shook his head firmly.

"A-Aren't you being too cold towards me? I'm the squad leader here!"

"I'll give it to you if you promise you won't gamble. However, I know there's no way you would."

"I-I won't! I won't even go close to a gambling house!"

"I'd rather entrust a cat with a fish. I can't trust the squad leader."