1

As the sharp sound of chains echoed in the room, Ram, still alive, shows his presence. With a cold smile on his face, he sarcastically asks Subaru, "Have you come to die at last, Barusu?"

Subaru collapses to his knees, shrouded in the dark shadow of despair. He whispers hopelessly, "I want to live. I want a life where no one would abandon me. Just one person would have been enough."

Ram doesn't respond to Subaru's sincere confession and ignores his despair. A thought sprouts within her, an obsessive urge for Subaru's life to end. But oddly, she relents from this urge, maintaining her silence for the moment.

Subaru's face remains burdened with helplessness; the light in his eyes seems extinguished. Each breath feels like torture. Rem's silence seems to absorb all the energy in the room, making Subaru feel the need to make a decision at any moment.

[Time skip]

As the years pass, life for Subaru and Ram hasn't been easy. Constantly pursued by knights and facing increasing enemies, their lives became quite challenging.

Subaru and Ram couldn't fully grasp the reason behind their occasional assistance to each other. Despite Ram occasionally casting hostile glances at Subaru, there wasn't an evident serious threat behind these threats. The relationship between the two became more complicated over time.

All this peculiarity took a stranger turn one day in the cabin they had stayed in for a long time. Both were on the same bed, but an odd atmosphere enveloped them. Ram, cocooning herself in the sheets, created a sort of protective barrier, while Subaru hurriedly dressed.

Ram threw her pillow harshly at Subaru's face and said mockingly, "Barusu, couldn't you control yourself? You might have killed 100,000 people, but did you have to unleash your desires on Ram? How pitiful..."

Subaru defended himself, replying, "Isn't that what you wanted too? If I hadn't, you would probably have used this opportunity to kill me by now. But now, you're acting as if you're trying to do more than just satisfy me."

Silence filled the cabin, further complicating this strange relationship.

The events of last night were a source of great shame for both of them. Both sides didn't know what to do in the face of this new development. Their faces reddened with embarrassment every time they remembered and looked at each other with shame.

Ram was uncomfortable with the situation and couldn't refrain from blaming Subaru. "Barusu, this is your fault," she said in a harsh tone. "I didn't want to experience something like this with you. If you can't control yourself, how did you let this happen?"

Subaru lowered his head, his shame evident. "Yes, the fault is mine," he said in a low voice. "But you are also involved in this. We are both part of this strange relationship."

This shy and conflicting moment deepened the complex relationship between the two. Both sides were emotionally shaken, trying to understand how to manage this strange and complicated bond.

Days passed like this, and the duo kept moving constantly. Unable to stay in one place for long due to the constant pursuit by knights, danger loomed everywhere, bringing Subaru and Ram closer together.

"I'm pregnant," Ram said in a flat tone.

Subaru responded with a bewildered expression, "What?"

With an emotionless expression, Ram continued, "As a result of sullying Ram's purity with your disgusting desires, a fruit was produced."

Subaru froze at this unexpected revelation. Time seemed to stand still for him. This unexpected development was a shock to him.

In response to Ram's unexpected disclosure, Subaru hugged her tightly. He was in emotional turmoil but also determined. "I will protect you," he murmured, full of determination coming from his heart. "I will protect her," he added, his eyes shining with determination. With this development, he now had a priority; the safety of Ram and the life she carried.