8.5

As Ram's consciousness faded, the last thing he saw was Rem's worried expression. His eyes dimmed, and his sister's concerned gaze became one of his last memories. Then, he slipped into complete unconsciousness.

His senses were limited, feeling as if he were in the infinite darkness. Screams echoed around him, piercing deep into his mind. They were painful, inexplicably gnawing at his brain, shaking his soul.

Fear and anxiety danced with him in this dark world. The darkness enveloped him, floating as if in a void, incomprehensible and distressing.

While drifting into the depths of darkness, a golden light emerged in his chest, shining like a beacon of hope. Over time, this light grew like an avalanche, materializing into a baby shape.

With a soft murmur, Ram reached out toward the form within the light, whispering, "Elara." Embracing Elara's bright light, he felt a sense of peace. In the presence of Elara, the darkness meant nothing; her existence held a profound significance beyond everything.

The terrifying sounds vanished, replaced by a soothing heartbeat. Elara's presence brought trust and tranquility to Ram's inner world. Her light illuminated all darkness, clarifying Ram's thoughts and feelings. This light created a luminous garden in Ram's inner world.

As Ram savored this peaceful moment in the darkness, a whisper echoed in his ear: "Nee-sama, Nee-sama." However, this voice couldn't overshadow the importance of the serene moment shared with his daughter, Elara. The inner peace derived from being with his daughter surpassed everything.

When Ram opened his eyes, he saw Rem's worried blue eyes. Rem hugged him, expressing her concern. Roswaal silently approached, looking at Ram with a complex expression, his usual eccentricity evident.

Ram felt a slight headache. Rem, still with an annoyed tone, whispered, "That girl did this."

Roswaal explained, "You experienced a sudden Mana imbalance. It seems Elara unintentionally transferred her Mana to you." This unexpected energy imbalance indicated that Elara unknowingly affected Ram's Mana.

Asking if Ram was okay, Roswaal and Rem left the room. In a moment of silence, Ram spoke in the dark, "Stop acting mysterious, Barusu," with a sense of weariness, as if sensing someone's presence.

Subaru emerged from the darkness, a smirk on his face. "You remembered right away," he said. "Well, that's normal. Forgetting a fantastic husband like me is tough." Subaru posed a bit mockingly.

Rolling her eyes, Ram added, "Seems like she expected me to develop a bit. Looks like she waited too long."

Subaru continued, "You must be quite surprised right now. Like, Return by Death or other..." before Ram cut him off.

"You used a Soul Crystal," she stated, noting Subaru's astonished expression.

Subaru carried on, "Yes, you got the first one. What about going back in time?" he teased a bit. "But I won't explain. No matter how curious you are—"

Ram interjected firmly, "Ram won't ask anyway." She seemed to enjoy Subaru's bewilderment. "I've seen enough from you. If you don't want to say, never say it," she shrugged.

Approaching Ram, Subaru quipped, "No one knows a person better than their spouse, huh?" Murmuring, he added, "I missed you," trying to convey intimacy.

Suddenly, Subaru hugged Ram, as if reveling in the joy of reuniting after a long separation. "I missed you so much; you never leave my mind. I want to tell you how much I missed you, but words or comparisons fall short," he expressed. His voice carried longing and love, a devotion that could only be conveyed through an language of yearning and affection.

-----------------------------------------☆☆☆☆☆☆

Don't forget to comment