18

When Yuji began talking to Emilia, her voice was mesmerizing, like a touch of silk. Her skin was as clear as glistening snow under the sun, and the tranquility she emitted warmed Yuji's heart.

Curiously, Emilia asked, "What's your connection to Subaru?" Yuji's hair color and last name, reminiscent of Elara's, raised eyebrows, prompting Emilia to question their familial relationship.

With a genuine smile, Yuji replied, "I'm his son." This statement left Emilia shocked and suspicious.

In a mocking tone, Puck added, "You must be kidding," but Yuji's expression was serious.

Emilia's face displayed disbelief. "What..." Yuji's demeanor and expression seemed more mature and experienced than that of a child. He appeared to be around 18 years old, while Subaru looked much younger; perhaps around 25.

Against Emilia's incredulous gaze, Yuji insisted, "It's true, Emilia-tan. I really am Subaru's son," with sincerity.

Emilia's bewilderment deepened, and Puck looked at Yuji with astonishment. "This can't be possible!" he exclaimed, still skeptical.

Persistently, Yuji continued, "But it is. I want you to believe me. There's no anomaly. My father and I are truly father and son."

Emilia was perplexed. "But it's impossible for Subaru to have a son your age," she objected.

Yuji calmly asserted, "Yes, it may not seem logical, but it's the truth. You have to accept it," emphasizing his resolve with his posture and tone.

After listening to Yuji's explanations, Emilia fell into deep thought. Perhaps Subaru was older than she thought. After all, factors like race or magic could make a person appear younger or older than their actual age.

He had mentioned that Subaru was a pure-blooded human, which meant he either didn't age or used magic to appear young. This revelation seemed to open up a new perspective in Emilia's mind.

As Subaru suddenly embraced her, Emilia and Yuji were somewhat surprised. While Yuji smiled sincerely, Emilia greeted the gesture with mild astonishment. "I assume you've met, but let me introduce," Subaru said, his tone very casual. "Emilia, this is my son Yuji," he added, gesturing to Yuji, then pointing to Emilia, "Yuji, this beauty is the beauty I currently serve as protector."

After this introduction, Emilia wanted to say something, but Subaru abruptly withdrew his hand from her shoulders and moved on to another topic. "Let's head to the village; everyone is waiting for the celebration," he said, folding his arms behind his neck and turning away. "I'll go report to Roswaal; see you there."

While Yuji seemed a bit weary, Emilia was unsure of what to do. Puck, on the other hand, thought with a hint of annoyance, "Does this guy take anything seriously?" Subaru's abrupt changes in demeanor seemed to leave those around him uncertain and uncomfortable.

When Subaru entered the mansion, silence reigned. Apart from the echoing footsteps in the corridors and the gentle breeze, there was no sound. Yet, the quietness inside the mansion couldn't suppress Subaru's excitement. He was certain that preparations were underway for the celebration, and just the thought of it brought a smile to his face.

Seeing Beatrice reading quietly in the silence caught his attention as he approached. Subaru quietly asked, "Where's Elara?" Beatrice, turning her gaze away from the book, looked at Subaru and calmly replied, "I believe the pink-haired maid took her away a few minutes ago."

A look of surprise crossed Subaru's face, but it quickly turned into determination. "I see," he said, taking Beatrice's small hand. "Let's go to the village; there's a celebration waiting. I've officially been declared a hero," he added.