6

Subaru, after comforting Elara and watching her peacefully fall asleep, spent some time observing her. The innocent expression on Elara's face seemed to erase the traces of nightmares she might have experienced during her sleep. These moments spent by her daughter's side helped Subaru, if only momentarily, to cover the difficulties he faced.

For a moment, Subaru's thoughts drifted to memories of the past. His world had been filled with challenging trials, and the pains he endured had tested him many times. However, being with Elara now seemed to mend some of the wounds of the past.

Subaru closed his eyes, lost in his own thoughts, and felt an internal conflict. The world might not have treated him fairly, but the innocence and love of his daughter added a new meaning. Elara shone like a light in this challenging world, and Subaru didn't want to lose the peace he felt by her side.

While silently standing by his daughter, Subaru felt as if he had made an internal pact. "Maybe this world is useless, but I'm here for you, Elara. When I'm with you, at least it makes some sense." With this thought, Subaru gradually drifted into sleep, marking another night spent by his daughter's side.

Subaru woke up early in the morning next to Elara. Since Elara was still asleep, he carefully got out of bed and quietly headed to the bathroom. Splashing his face with water provided some vitality and freshness.

As he stood in front of the mirror, Subaru examined his reflection. He noticed the recent changes in his appearance, especially the height that seemed unusually tall—standing at 1.90 meters. His body was strong and muscular, with well-defined muscle lines. The messy black hair added a cool touch, but perhaps the most striking feature was his bright and lively orange eyes.

He looked at himself for a while, then washed his face again and stroked his chin. "Elara's nightmare worried me last night," he thought. He wanted his daughter to wake up in peace. With these thoughts in mind, Subaru quietly took a shower early in the morning.

While examining his reflection in the mirror, Subaru noticed numerous scars on his body. A significant cut, starting from his left shoulder and extending to his lower back, was particularly prominent. This large cut seemed like a result of a serious threat he once faced, reminding him of the challenging experiences and struggles for survival.

When the doorbell rang, Subaru quickly opened it to find Rem. "Guest-sama, breakfast is ready," said Rem. "I'll be waiting outside for you."

After thanking Rem, Subaru closed the door and returned to Elara's side. Playfully tickling her, he exclaimed, "Wake up!" Elara first mumbled, then burst into laughter. "Dad, stop!" she protested, pushing Subaru away with her small hands. However, Subaru continued to tickle her.

While brushing Elara's hair, Subaru meticulously adjusted his clothes and dried his hair. Tending to his daughter's hair felt like a wonderful experience.

Rem silently joined them, escorting them to the dining room. Elara, fascinated, observed the atmosphere around her, while Subaru adopted an indifferent attitude, as if everything was quite normal for him.

A tall man with painted face and dressed in purple entered the room, changing the energy in an instant. His tone was so eccentric that it disrupted the silence filling the room. Elara, staring at the man with astonishment, excitedly shouted, "Dad, look! They called a clown!"

Subaru chuckled slightly, thinking, "This guy already knows what I want." In truth, Roswaal didn't hold much value to Subaru's desires. The ironic thought of toasting marshmallows in the fires that burned Roswaal crossed Subaru's mind, leaving him secretly satisfied.

Subaru, clasping his hands with a serious expression, declared, "I actually want to be Emilia's protector."

Emilia looked surprised and asked, "Really?" with curiosity in her eyes.

Roswaal raised his eyebrows and inquired, "Why not become a knight instead of a protector?" As they awaited Subaru's response, a surprising twist came from Elara. "My dad won't be like those monsters!" she exclaimed, stunning everyone and shifting the atmosphere of the room.

"Elara!" Subaru's stern voice echoed suddenly in the room. Elara quickly sat back down, a mix of confusion and slight concern on her face. Apologizing with a quick bow of her head, she mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Subaru, looking at everyone, said with his eyes that this was a personal matter. The tone of his voice conveyed that he didn't want to answer more questions and wished to close the topic.

Later, as the conversation between Subaru and Roswaal continued, Subaru changed the subject with a flat tone. "I have one more request," he said, a bit seriously.

Roswaal, intrigued, asked, "What is it?" eagerly awaiting Subaru's request.

Taking a deep breath, Subaru continued, "I request that Elara, being a half-Oni, receives teaching from either Rem or Ram."

Roswaal, about to say something like "Well, later—" was interrupted as another voice entered the room, surprising everyone. The speaker was Ram, and her eyes were fixed on Elara. "I'll do it!" she declared, instantly grabbing everyone's attention and diverting the focus onto herself.

----------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment

This makes the parts come faster.

What do you think of Subaru's power level?