3. the plan

3. the plan

           i need clarkes power. it's been the only thought running through my mind since she became wanheda. since she made my treaty look weak. then again i already have a great amount of power. if i wanted to i could attack polis but what good does breaking the coalition do for me. what good does any of this do for me, for azgeda. lexa has done nothing, the sky people have done nothing. no one is doing anything. yet here i am sitting here waiting on a meeting, and for what. azgeda will continue to march until lexas gives us a reason not too.
"aspen"
i hear lexa say as she walks into my room
"lexa"
"we have to discuss our power issue. i know you believe you still have all the power in the world but mount weather was your deal, you didn't kill them like clarke did. you look just as weak if not weaker than i do"
"i found a way to talk to people in the mountain. something no one else has done. i gave them the sky people so we could go about our life. i was killing all of the sky people, that's how i see it"
"but you didn't kill them, you made them stronger. just like you did me when you brought me costias head"
she stares at me and just in a second i could see that scene replaying in my head
"do you think i wanted to kill my own sister? i did what i had to do in order to survive and gain power"
"you did it to have the people fear you"
"fear is power"
"not always, take the scenario we're in now. if you kill clarke her people won't be afraid, they'll be angry. they have the weapons to kill us all. how do you plan on handling that?"
as much as i hate it, she's right. i haven't thought the guns through because we've never dealt with them. i can't kill clarke. but they have many people who are less valuable
"i haven't made my plan yet"
"you always have a plan"
"we've never dealt with weapons such as theirs, they burnt 300 of your men in 1 battle. so how do we fight them, lexa?"
"you're the ice princess, the royalty who's above all. you figure it out"
"i always figure everything out"

it's been a few days since my talk with lexa yet i still don't have a plan. as of now i'm walking through the streets of polis with people greeting me as the royalty they believe i am. i haven't been speaking much these past few days, i've been stuck in my own brain. costia hasn't been brought up to me since that day. that day i cut her head off and delivered it to my best friend, my sisters lover. lexa and costia loved each other like i had never seen anyone love each other. i believe lexa looks at me like i am my sister but she could not be anymore wrong. if i have to act like costia though i can. that's my way in her head, through her heart. now i just have to figure out this gun problem. we have cannons, horses, fire, spears, knifes, and skill. if we take out their guns they have no fighting skills like we do.
"(are your warriors really marching on us?)"
a scared young kid ask me, i just look at him and move my hand for Zeus to get him out of my way
"(what have we done wrong azgona)"
people cry to me, zeus walks up to my ear and whispers
"(we just got word of skaikru moving into the bunker, none of their main leaders are there)"
no one valuable.
"(take me back to the tower, now)"
he nods
"you should speak with them. it helps your image"
"i'll leave the politics to you heda"
she smiles at me
"i have a plan"
"enlighten me please"
"im letting the sky people into my coalition as the 13th clan"
"lexa"
"let me explain. they will be our people, they won't fight us, it'll make us stronger. we can't kill them. there is no plan that can win against their weapons and minds"
"you're right"
she looks shocked
"i never thought you would agree"
"i normally wouldn't but i've been thinking for days and there is no plan"
oh there's always a plan, she just is too weak for this one
"then this is our plan, we will rule them together"
"and we shall take wanhedas power together"
"you still can not kill clarke"
"you're no fun"
"we need her, trust me. you'll see one day"
"if you say so heda"