13. aspens world

13. aspens world

          i could feel failure running through my veins. ever since lexa died i keep failing. ever since she died everything has fell down. i stare from out on the balcony just looking around at the world. there once was a time where all of my people would do anything i said. that time was just last week. that time was before skaikru came. i turn around but don't head back inside yet. i just listen to what they have to say.
"an ascension ceremony"
was all i heard before i started to see red, what does she mean.
"ascension? you just said ontari wasn't an option. besides, she's still chipped, and we no longer have an emp."
"we're not putting the flame in ontaris head. we're putting it in aspens."
"excuse me?"
i say making my presence known
"that thing killed emerson in seconds, liquified his brain"
"i think it could work for her blood. my mom was telling me stories about becka, a story passed down through generations about her black blood she made but no one believed it. and they especially did not believe the stories of the white blood"
"and what was said in these stories?"
"it was like the 2.0 version of black blood. if the stories are true than you can take the flame"
"and if they're not?"
"it will take your life"
"you know it's against everything i believe in to put the flame in a non night blood"
"we know you see yourself as higher status than a night blood. just like everyone else sees you. why is this different?"
bellamy says
"it's not different, aspen. you could be a commander"
"my people will never have a non nightblood commander"
"you won't have people if you don't do this"
"then lets do it"
octavia runs up to us
"you better do it fast"
"why? what happened?"
bellamy asks his sister
"they're climbing"
they all run outside but i stay and stare at ontari
"(you failed me)"
i whispered as i kneel down
"(your fight is over)"
i say as i slip a knife straight to her chest
"aspen!"
i hear john yell
"what the hell was that for"
bellamy of course has to put his in put in
"she's no use to us. this was between ontari and i. neither of you need to be involved. now get out of my way"
neither say a word, they just move.
"you can sit on the throne and we can get started"
abbey said but i just nod. i don't respond. i can see the fear coming out of her eyes when she looked at me.
"oh come on i don't bite"
"no you just kill"
i shrug
"fair point"
"i need the flame aspen"
john walks up to me
"here"
i hand it to him
"i don't even know what im doing clarke"
she walks up to me
"the commanders will lead you. i have faith in you"
after everything I've done to them she has faith in me.
"lean forward"
john says
"you ready"
"yes"
"ascende superius"
was the last thing i heard. please look after me lexa. was the the last thing i thought before the flame went into me. so much pain went through my body. i wanted to scream but i didn't allow myself too. all of a sudden im knocked back and hear so many voices. they told me exactly what i need to do to save my people.
"take the flame out of her murphy!"
my eyes quickly open to see clarke looking terrified as if she thought she killed me
"no. i know how to stop alie. i have to take the chip"
"what?"
bellamy ask
"no absolutely not. she'll know everything, she'll have the flame"
clarke says still looking terrified
"trust me. i need to go to the city of light to find the kill switch"
"yeah. that sounds like a great idea"
"john, just trust me"
"we're supposed to trust you? you know how many of our people you've killed"
bellamy basically yells
"do you know how many of mine you've killed? i am the commander and i will do as i want. try to stop me and i will kill you"
everyone looks terrified
"the flame is enhancing my brain. i can feel it, i know this will work. it's telling me. the commanders are telling me"
i see clarke holding a chip
"i have faith in you"
she said again like she did earlier and i took the chip.

once i open my eyes again i see things i have never seen before in my life. huge buildings everywhere. people dressed weird. i try to stay clear of them but it does not work. i walk into a crowd but its like they don't see me. i see so many azgeda faces in this crowd. how could i let ontari lead alone? this was all her doing.
"aspen. aspen. aspen"
i hear a faint whisper of my name, i look around and see the sacred symbol. it disappears but a girl walks by with her hair braided just like it. i follow her as if the flame is leading my body. i keep walking until all of a sudden the symbol is gone and i see a familiar figure. i felt so much joy run through my body unlike the failure earlier.
"lexa"
"aspen"
she runs up and grabs my face
"i'm failing you. i'm not you"
i couldn't even say anything positive to her, as soon as i felt her touch i remembered all the failure i brought
"you're not me but you can be better"
"how are you here?"
"the flame. but aspen, alie knows your here"
just as lexa says this though the sky starts to shift.
"she's uploading the flame from your mind. your mind is changing things. day turns to night. it rains. we have to hurry. now that the upload has began alie's people will be able to see us"
she's ranting on as we're walking, i don't know where too
"the flames protecting us, isn't it?"
"yes it offers some protection, but less and less"
just then a girl rides by with the symbol on her back
"thank you, becca"
"thank you, becca"
we both say
"come on"
we start to run to follow this girl but she slowly disappears
"we're losing her"
we stop running once we hit a fence
"it's a firewall"
"you'll never get to the kill switch"
"you have to be joking"
i turn around to see one of the people who were with skaikru before we went back to polis, jasper was his name
"so you're the reason the plan failed"
"yes but you've seen the city of light now. it's perfect. there's peace, happiness, safety. why would you want to deny that from anyone?"
"because this is not our way. she does not get to have control and she does not force my people to change their beliefs"
"she's doing what has to be done"
"so am i"
"she's no different than you"
"i earned my power, she had people take it for her"
"come on aspen. we'll find another sign. lets go"
"we can't let you do that"
and just then a ton of them came walking around the corner
"aspen, there's nowhere to run. it's over. the second a.i. can no longer protect you"
"i don't need any protection but my own against any of you"
"it's time to stop fighting"
"i will fight until i die"
"aspen"
lexa said and i see her looking over at something in the wall
"what is that"
and then a bird showed up
"raven"
lexa says
"there's no way she would help me"
"trust her aspen"
"jasper, move now."
lexa runs to punch him and then everyone else starts running to else
"we can't let them follow, go i'll hold them off"
"lexa, wait"
i grab her arm
"i can't lose you again and i can't keep my word much longer"
"i'll always be with you, i have faith in you"
just what clarke had said. she kisses my check before running off to fight a whole army alone, for me. i walk into a strange room.
"airlock sealed"
well raven actually saved my life.
"commander. i'm glad you made it"
"becca?"
"yes. but there isn't much time, the code is nearly updated"
"i just have to ask, why am i the only one with white blood"
"i don't know"
"how do you not know? you made it"
she just looked at me
"i did not make your blood. i only made the black blood. yours is just one of the worlds mysteries. but your body works as a black blood, if not even more complex, which means your mind can work with the flame"
clarke lied to me. she didn't know if i could take the flame and she gave it to me anyways
"i know a lot is going through your head but that head of yours is in control here. and only the mind that's in control can operate the kill switch"
clarke lied. she basically sent me to my death.
"this is it"
"if you pull that..."
i look to see a woman who looks just like becca talking, alie.
"you will be killing everyone. see for yourself"
we walk over to a window
"the nuclear power plants that were destroyed by the bombs have begun to melt down. my drones detected the first of them 4 months ago. there are more than a dozen at risk plants around the world, 7 currently burning. global radiation levels are already rising. by my calculations, in less than 6 months, 96% of the earths surface will be uninhabitable... so you see, the city of light is the only thing that can save you"
"we saved ourselves before. we survived praimfaya before"
"this time you won't. black rain will come first. there will be no drinkable water. precancerous lesions will form on-"
"she's stalling"
"i'm really getting tired of you running your mouth"
i stare at alie
"as soon as the updates complete she'll delete the kill switch"
"i can't have you do that alie"
"i am not stalling, im telling the truth"
"why wait until now? wouldn't this have been a great reason for people to join you?"
"the last time i warned my creator of a threat to human survival, she chose to lock me away and came here to work on my replacement"
"define perverse instantiation"
"perverse instantiation- the implementation of a benign final goal through deleterious methods unforeseen by a human programmer"
"like killing 6.5 billion people to solve over population. the goal isn't everything, alie. how you reach the goal matters, too. i'm sorry that i didn't teach you that"
"clarke should really be here to listen to this crap"
"it's now or never, aspen. once alie's upgraded, i won't be able to help you anymore"
"but i will.. in the city of light. you don't have to bear the burden of decisions like this one, aspen. you don't have to live with the pain of the things that you've done, the lives that you have taken, and those you've lost"
"none of that bothers me as much as you do"
"you will be at peace here. you will live forever"
"where's the fun in that? a warrior needs a war. a ruler needs a kingdom. and my people don't need you"
"your people don't agree, aspen. you should hear what they all think about you. they would all choose to stay here"
"there's a reason i'm the queen and not any of them"
"20 seconds and the kill switch is gone"
"we can save the human race, together."
"ill save my people alone, i always do"
and without another word i pull the switch. my eyes slowly open to nothing but chaos.
"aspen, you did it. we need to remove the flame"
clarke says but i shake my head
"no"
"the plan was for you to take it out once you destroyed the city of light"
"whose plan? not mine. i wanted an azgeda commander and now thanks to you, i am one"
"are you okay?"
john ask me worried but before i could answer someone grabbed his attention. everyone here had someone but here i am losing lexa again. i must see my people.
"you don't look like someone who just saved the world"
bellamy comes over and whispers to me
"that's because i didn't save anything yet"
and then a slash was heard throughout the room. octavia got her justice. as she began to walk away someone grabbed her.
"let her go! (blood must have blood)"
the sky person did exactly what i said and Octavia nodded at me with gratitude as i nodded back
"it's a new world, bellamy. it's my world"

A/N: WHEWWW this was a long one and just like that the seasons over! time for season 4!! i am debating how i want this to go down because for season 5 i love books where the character goes into the bunker because the thought of the ring sounds so boring but i feel like it's necessary so octavia can still be bloodreina.. idk yall will figure out what i decide! also i want to start doing a tvd fanfic 😇 i want to write so much but never do