6. the fight

6. the fight

          sword against sword. fist against face. for the last few hours i have trained and trained until i can not train anymore. until i can not stand up straight without being exhausted. if there is one person who can beat and kill me it is lexa.
"remember aspen, anticipate her reflexes. when you feel overconfident, you forget that your enemy has strengths, too"
"you forget i am the ice warrior, i don't need the ice queen to tell me how to fight"
"i know who you are and that's why you are my chosen fighter. we will be more powerful than ever in your victory. that will be your legacy. and your legend."
"i have many"
"well you can add this to your list of victories. and azgona"
there's a pause as she just stares at me
"i want her head"
"i'd expect no less"

          the fight is finally upon me. the time to kill the girl my sister loved, the girl that looks at me like i'm my sister.
"(in single combat, there is but one rule... someone must die today! you may begin.)"
titus sits down looking distressed. but this is my time to put azgeda on top, where we belong. i quickly grab my sword out of the case. the crowd cheers. i turn and of course see lexa speaking to clarke before taking her sword out causing cheers to come out of the crowd. i try to make it across to lexa quickly before she turns but i failed. she turned hitting my sword as soon as i swung
"(traitor)"
she spits at me and swings but i block it
"(at least i'm not weak)"
i knock her down as she was distracted at my words but she jumps up quickly swinging at my legs but i block her. it goes on like this for a bit, now both of our swords are pressed together she puts her hand on the sword cutting herself to use more strength than me.
"(i am not weak)"
i do the same, my white blood starts to drip. i have more strength to shove her down but she elbows my knee down too. the fighting continues back and forth. she has sliced me multiple times but i am holding off. i ended up with both swords but zoned out.
kill lexa.
kill her aspen.
nia wants her head, like your sisters.
you can rule, you just have too-
kill lexa.
i zone back in and see her with a spear. so much is going through my mind and somehow i end up on the ground. spear right above my chest. lexa standing right above me. kill her. take both swords and just swing.
"(get up!)"
i hear nia screaming at me
"(if you die, you don't die azgona, you die a weak coward!)"
i don't see her out here fighting for our clan. i still manage to knock lexa down and get up. yet she has the spear pointing right at me still when she gets up
"(blood must have blood)"
i never once close my eyes, if lexa is going to kill me then i am going to watch her. make her remember my face. but i watch her turn and strike nia down
"the queen is dead"
this is my time to rule. or so i thought. i was not expecting the next words to come out of her mouth
"long live the king!"
i see roan show up smirking. he knows just like she knows because everyone knows, i was next in line.
"that is my throne"
"and it was my summit you ruined"
"we can not trust those people"
"no i can not trust you. i can trust roan more than you. i want to believe it was all nia so here's my deal. you killed their people. i killed your queen. she was just following through with the plan you made but she committed the crime so i blame her. it is now even. trust me when i say we can trust them"
"fine lexa but if they mess up one more time you're not stopping me."
she puts out her hand and i grab it. the crowd all around cheers seeing their leaders make up. i look up and see titus smiling. he gives me a head nod letting me know i did the right thing. yet i feel other wise.

           night time had came around and i found my way to lexas room. i knock on the door
"come in"
"titus told me you wanted to talk"
"yes, i was hoping you could stay here in polis until roan gets everything figured out on his own"
"you're seriously not going to let me rule the kingdom i have sacrificed my whole life for?"
"you and i both know i could never tell you what you can't do. but i am saying you will have roan by your side ruling. he still has most of his humanity to make good decisions."
"i did what i saw best for my people. lets not start the argument again"
"i agree. but we do need to discuss bringing nia to skaikru, some were at the summit and know you played a big part in it"
"well i play a big part in everything so they will have to see my face, get use to my face and love my face"
"i don't think they will like that, especially  bellamy. he was ready to kill you on the spot"
"i'll worry about bellamy blake"