15. secret weapon

15. secret weapon

          skaikru knew the things they had to do in order to be in lexa's coalition still. i told them to leave kane- to be an ambassador, abbey- for a healer, and octavia because i want her to grow more as the warrior she is. and the rest of them headed to their home
"welcome to your throne room, heda"
echo bows to me
"now that the lift has been repaired, i've doubled the guard on the doors at every floor"
"expecting trouble?"
roan ask from behind me as i walk to the throne
"i trust only azgeda. your mother taught me that. our people loved her for it"
"our people feared her, echo"
"because she was fierce and vicious, like azgona"
"my mothers ambition, her disregard for lexas alliance got her killed"
"if i may, why do you insist on aspen ruling as lexa did, when it's not what's best for our people. at least tell me there's a reason"
"you are both talking as if im not right here. i have my reasons that are above your head echo"
the door opens on that note
"forgive the intrusion, your highnesses. may we have a word.. privately"
octavia and kane walk into my throne room
"you can wait like the other ambassadors"
"leave echo"
and she did, so did the guards
"you were right to be concerned about trishanakru. rafel is gonna challenge you for control"
"bold move for a new ambassador"
roan says to kane
"if he wants to challenge me than it's his funeral"
"this could break up the ambassadors, there's many of them who question if you are a true commander due to your blood"
"i did the ascension. if they don't follow me they will be dealt with"
"if they unite against you, we could lose, and if we lose-"
roan speaks until octavia interrupts
"they come for skaikru"
"and the radiation comes for us all"
"no one has to die. the point of our arrangement is to give us time to find a solution to save everyone"
"and how is that solution coming?"
"yes kane please tell us"
"we're working on it. in the meantime im here to keep you guys in power-"
"no you're here to be an ambassador just like every other clan. i have all the power, i am the commander and if anyone wants to think differently they can challenge me theirselves"
"just let me talk to the ambassador"
"fine go talk to your fellow ambassador, leave octavia and i. both of you"
they all went quiet, octavia nods her head at me before they leave. i am going to turn this girl into a weapon
"if kane fails i want you to take the ambassador out, make it looks like nothing wrongful happened"
"you have my word"
i nod my head
"i could use a training partner later"
"i seem to have a lot of free time lately"
"ill see you in the training room at sunset then"
she bows and walks out, roan returns in
"what was that about"
"the beginning of my new weapon"

as the day went on i got stuck speaking to ambassador after ambassador, the lady finally left
"echo, roan, time to train"
they both nod and begin to fight. roan moved very weakly, still recovering from his shot.
"agh!"
he holds his chest
"let me take a look"
abby says walking to him
"you're healing but you need more time before you fight"
"he's only training"
"it's the same thing"
"(your a king push through it)"
echo says
"(i've never seen you get shot)"
she starts fighting him again
"(enough!)"
i tell once she kicks him down
"abby go find me octavia"
she nods and leaves
"heda if i may. i've been thinking and protecting skaikru gives the other clans an excuse to challenge you. let me take care of our problems. let me do what the queen would have done. just tell me please, what did wanheda offer. what deal is worth losing the fail of your people"
"chance to survive the end of the world. that's what they're offering to all of us. soon, praimfaya will once again destroy everything. skaikrus trying to stop it"
roan blabs
"my king they're lying to both of you"
"listen to me echo. i am the queen and the commander. i have my own ways of taking care of problems. you're not azgedas secret weapon anymore, then again you never were. (leave)"
she says nothing, she just bows and leaves. right as octavia walks in. that's our new secret weapon.
"(roan, that was not your place to tell her that)"
he nods his head at me
"(now we leave us)"
"any news from kane?"
"not yet, which probably means he failed"
i nod as we start to fight
"and how about from arkadia?"
she just shook her head no
"you know i've never seen my brother or heck even clarke be as scared as someone as they are you"
"i am their commander now"
"even before that"
she swung her sword perfectly hitting mine
"i'd rather be feared then walked over"
"wouldn't you rather be respected?"
"where there is fear there is respect"
"i've seen that from your people. they're so scared of you yet praise you"
"they've never had royalty like myself before. i'm the first of my kind so they praised me like no one had been praised before"
i knock her down
"my whole life i lived under the floor hiding, it was a crime to have more than 1 child. i've never been praised only shamed"
"we'll change that"

          "(commander, your loyal ambassadors.)"
someone announces at the meeting, the ambassadors walk into my throne room.
"where is rafel kom trishanakru?"
roan asks, but no one answers. i nod at octavia
"(someone speak up)"
echo walks into the quiet room to come whisper in my ear
"(we found rafel dead, no signs of fighting. just dead)"
i stand up
"the ambassadors body was found this morning, he's dead. his heart just stopped. (may the spirits of the commanders guide him safely home) now lets begin"
the meeting goes on like normal, no one threatens to challenge me. soon it was over and everyone leaves.
"heda"
echo says
"i really don't have time for you right now"
"please just hear me out. let me go to arkadia and prove to you that skaikru can not be trusted"
"they have no given me a reason yet to not trust them since i became heda. if they do then sure echo you can go. but as of now you will do as i say and you will stay in polis on my orders."
"yes heda"
she bows
"she's never going to trust them"
roan says
"i don't care who she trust, she listens to what i say or she dies"