Helping and Healing

"Thank you for giving me a chance to mend our...friendship..." Wednesday whispered into the crook of Nyx's neck.

Nyx pulled her in tighter, "I hope we don't mess up this time..." She said chucking lightly. They pulled away slowly, holding each other at arm's length.

"Personally, I do not plan on going anywhere anymore..." Wednesday said looking into Nyx's beautiful blue eyes.

"You better not! I...My wolf wouldn't stand it..." Nyx responded ducking her head a bit, at this Wednesday lifted her chin with a delicate finger, leaned in, and placed a soft kiss on Nyx's cheek, letting her lips linger a bit longer than expected. Nyx closed her eyes letting out a shaky sigh. "I...I should get going..."

Wednesday pulled away, "I understand. Do you live nearby? Should I call you...an Uber is it?" she questioned tilting her head.

Nyx giggled, "Yeah, it's Uber but no, I actually live...fairly close...I can walk home." She smiled at Wednesday.

Wednesday nodded, "Very well. Let me...walk you to the door then." She walked stiffly towards her front door, guiding Nyx down to the main entrance of her apartment building in slightly awkward silence. She opened the door, and a chill wind blew onto them, making their skin tingle.

"I'm glad I listened to you and put on some clothes." Nyx laughed.

"It is quite chilly tonight..." Wednesday acknowledged, stepping outside.

"See that building? That's my place." Nyx pointed towards the end of the street to a modern light-yellow building.

"Be on your way then, I will wait here until you are inside," Wednesday said stoically.

Nyx narrowed her eyes in amusement, "You really don't have to...Besides, it's cold out."

"I do and I will. Also, I do enjoy the chill breeze, it reminds me of my walks around the family cemetery." Wednesday stated firmly.

Nyx laughed again, "There's the Wednesday I knew!" She smiled at her, "I'll...be on my way then..." She knew she had to leave but her body wasn't moving an inch. Wednesday didn't move either... They stood there in silence, looking at each other not really knowing what to do next.

Wednesday broke their stance by opening her arms, "See you at work, ok?" Nyx looked down at Wednesday's open arms and melted into her hug, a soft smile adorning her face.

"It's...getting late..." she let out as she pulled away.

"I...believe it is..." Wednesday said softly.

Nyx started to walk down the steps of Wednesday's building, "See you tomorrow, Wends."

"Good night, Nyx. May you have...pleasant dreams."

Nyx beamed at her as she sprinted down the street, reaching her building and waving at her from the door. Wednesday chuckled waving back and then stepping into her own building.

...

The next morning, Wednesday woke up her usual stoic self and started to get ready for her day. It was a Saturday, so she really didn't have much to do except for one main thing... She got in the shower and let the ice-cold water soothe her body. Once she was out, she decided to put on a striped, black and white, silk shirt, a black knitted vest, skinny jeans in her signature color, and her black leather boots.

She then sat down and called Rae to see if she could set up a meeting with her to get her job back... Even though she didn't need the money, she felt she owed it to Rae to at least try, Besides, having a job was part of her current arrangement... She had to prove she was well-adjusted to be back in society again... She rolled her eyes at the thought, "The things I do to stay out of...THAT prison..." She sighed. The Vatican prison really did a number on her... she never thought being incarcerated would be so...unpleasant. It was on her bucket list after all...