A Night To Remember

A couple of hours had passed and Wednesday was still slowly regaining her movements. Enid had fallen asleep at her side, holding her hand, and was awoken by a soft squeeze that came from the raven girl.

"Wends? Are you...I'm here..." Enid looked up and squeezed her hand back, Wednesday was staring down at her with tired eyes.

She cleared her throat, "...E...How...long...have..." Her voice was hoarse.

Enid quickly shot up and walked to her desk where she had a glass of water ready, "Here, have a drink first...Can you sit up?" Wednesday shook her head slightly. Enid slid an arm under her shoulders and delicately lifted her to a sitting position, bringing the glass to her lips for her to drink, "Slow, small sips..."

Under other circumstances Wednesday would have killed whoever tried to help her like this, she felt...small and pathetic...negative thoughts flooding her head, she blinked as she drank slowly...

Enid gave her a soft smile, "Does that feel better?"

Wednesday blinked at her once more... Here and now, in Enid's arms, she felt vulnerable, safe, and cared for...she had never felt like this with anyone before and she most definitely would never let her guard down for none other than Enid Sinclair...

Once she finished Enid set the glass down on the desk and fixed Wednesday's pillows so she could be seated up. "Are you comfortable? Do you need anything?" she asked.

Wednesday shook her head again, "I am...feeling better now..." She winced as she lifted her arm to place her hand on Enid's cheek, "Th...thank you...for staying with me..."

Enid leaned into the touch, closing her eyes and letting out a puff of air, "I was so worried...this is the second time I've seen you like this...I just hope you're ok..." her voice was full of concern, tears forming in her bright blue eyes.

"I...am truly sorry...I...do not know what triggers it exactly...it could be due to...high levels of stress, according to doctors..." Wednesday said in a serious tone, locking eyes with Enid. "Come, lay with me..." She patted the space next to her. Enid got up and laid next her. She turned sideways prompting Enid to do the same. Enid reached for her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"How...how many times has this...happened?" She asked timidly.

Wednesday thought, squinting her eyes at the memory, "About...4-5 times, maybe..."

Enid's eyes filled with worry, "...Wends..."

"...I am now fine...I was very lucky...lots of...things happened in that prison that could have triggered this..." Wednesday answered, giving Enid a slight smirk.

Enid pushed her back playfully, "How can you...take this so lightly?"

Wednesday shrugged, "I...was in the prison hospital several times...broken ribs, collarbone, leg and hand...and of course a concussion..." Enid's hand shot up to cover her mouth, tears freely flowing down her cheeks. Wednesday squeezed her hand and gave her a soft smile, "I was very lucky indeed...Doctors told my parents that had it not been for my Outcast condition, I would have most likely...not survived..."

Enid pulled her into a tight hug, her arms, and legs wrapping around her entire body, her chin pressed over her shoulder... "God, Wednesday...I almost lost you again and I didn't even know...I'm so sorry I resented you all this time...I didn't know...How could they be so cruel..." She sobbed into Wednesday's shoulder.

Wednesday kissed the shell of her ear, and whispered, "All that time I was...out of myself...all I could dream about was being back...with you, in our dorm...going to classes, hearing your annoying songs or you growling in your sleep...everything you did to annoy me...became my new need...what I was longing for every time I came through..."