Prologue

The phone on the other side of the room rang loud, with Riya walking in excitment towards it. This is it, she thought, finally, my big break is here!  She'd have been waiting this for so long, maybe now the trip from India to this, new country of the United States, was worth it.

Picking it up, Riya quickly turned from excitment, to the usual disappointment; she'd had been offered her 45th extra role. She "happily" accepted it, was told she'd be called back for the set information, and moved on. 

She shed a single tear, still sad that her journey hadn't paid off yet. She turned to her fridge, which had a picture of her parents on it. She stood, went to the fridge and touched it, and under her breath, said she'd become something for them, and make her big break on the eventual.  

Notified on her watch, she realized she had forgotten to get the groceries for the week. She sighed, and got ready to go out to the grocery store...

The night was dark, the street lights were the only things that were seen. Cars were busy, horns were honking, and many were walking across the streets. Riya was distracted in her own mindset, so distracted in fact that she did not notice the water puddle right in front of her. She slipped, getting her dress and jacket wet. Another loud sigh was let out, as she looked to the street light above, which sparked Riya's curiousity.

It showed a Disventure Camp Season Two flyer, and how YOU could sign up today. Riya had recalled, that during an extra role on a set, she had heard about how somewhat famous the show was. A light blub, a large one, went off into her head.

"Why don't I sign up for Disventure Camp? It can offer me the exposure I need! Maybe then, I won't be an extra anymore? And I can also make my family in India proud!" she had bespoken to herself. 

She grabbed the flyer, then she realized that she had been so busy within thoughts about exposure, she didn't even notice the MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE! She gasped, then smiled even brighter. She had been struggling lately with finances...especially noting that not having any good roles. This seemed too good to be true....but regardless, she ignored her need for the groceries, and rushed back home. Immediatlely making an audition, swiftly submitted it online, and waited to hear back..

It was a bit into the future, a few weeks per say. It was around the time summer was about to begin; she was walking down the streets again, noticing that many were hanging out across the street. Since moving to the United States, she had never been able to make any friends. Anyone she came across, judged her on her India heritage, and so she never succeeded.... She was decently insecure about it all, but made sure to keep it all down inside - no one needed to know that..

She got a call, which she had expected to be another extra role as per the usual; at this point, the Disventure Camp audition was in the very back of her mind. As soon as she heard the words, "you've been accepted into Disventure Camp, more information will be sent soon", she screamed of happiness. Many on the street looked at her oddly, and she would usually feel ashamed, but at this moment, she didn't care. She was finally accepted into something more than some extra role: she would finally have the chance to fix her financial woes, and get the exposure needed. And as an extra cherry on top, she could make her family proud. She wouldn't let anything get in the way, it didn't matter what she would need to do to win; she would be willing to do it....  

It was the day to be heading to the pick up location. She noticed many people similar to her there, many diverse in age, gender, looks, all that; however, she didn't have the confidence to go up to any. She didn't want to cause any early troubles in any sense..

Soon, the bus driver, Marcus, and his puppet, Nina, picked everybody up, telling them to get on the bus soon, as a long drive would occur ahead. Riya would shiftly sit, with a girl with brown hair, Ally, asking if she could sit next to her. Riya would happily agree, thinking that maybe, this girl could be a new friend. But as the awkward silence continued across the bus ride to Camp Tipiskaw, she decided to lose any hope of that.

But what she didn't lose hope was: is the opportunity she now had. As she originally thought, she wouldn't let it go to waste. The new adventure she was about to experience though; she had no clue how much it would change her life, and change her as a person....