Episode 8 ~ Nightmare In Tipiskaw

Waking up in the morning, Rosa Maria and Lake were already ready to go, outside, chatting on a bench. They asked Riya if she wished to join them on the nature walk they were planning to go on, she quickly agreed to do so. They walked for a bit, talking about everything under the sun. Riya felt belonged, like she finally had a friend group...this wouldn't last for long though...

Eventually, the girls got tired, and found a nice resting area, with a huge rock. They began to speak about what they would use the money on if they had won; in the end though, Rosa decided this would be the perfect time to reveal she had found the totem. Both Lake and Riya were in pure shock. While Lake was in a happy state of shock, Riya on the other hand, was confused, hurt, all in the same ball park. Riya kept an act of "happiness" up though and some composure, this didn't last for her confessional though...

Riya - Confessional
I....I was searching for the totem with Rosa...and she found it? How didn't I notice? More importantly though, it's when Lake is back with her, back in the alliance, that she decides to reveal it...

Does she even trust me?......

And continued, I know I haven't really focused on it this morning - mainly because of the nature walk switching my focus a bit - but who voted Ally.....if she wasn't willing to tell me about the idol....could Rosa have voted Ally...? 

Maybe that's why she revealed the idol now...she wanted us to trust her more in case....in case she voted Ally....

She moved on from her thoughts; there's no way Rosa would do that, that's very out of character for her. Ever since the reveal of the idol, though, Riya had lost much trust she did have in Rosa...and felt a lot more insecure then beforehand..

She soon later headed to the challenge, as it was announced; however, they had been waiting for hours on end, at a time now...And at that point, she wanted to go soon (like Rosa Maria had suggested). After hearing what Nina had stated, Riya had become very alarmed over it all. With both Lake and Rosa Maria saying they should just ignore it all, because it was most likely fake; and just enjoy the night...she decided to just agree. I mean, it was all VERY insane, and plus, it was a puppet who announced it? Last time Nina had said something, too, it was a pure lie. So why believe it now? Even with the alarm bells going off in her head?

They had relaxed by the lake, on the dock for a bit, just talking, when the concern of the fact this was "real" appeared yet again. Though Rosa wanted to ignore it yet again, as she found it all too insane; she decided to go and check it, Riya and Lake followed closely behind.

Finding Ally on the floor of the bathroom, confirmed the thought that this was "real". Riya didn't really know what to think in the moment - but she had to come back down to earth. If this was all a chance at survival, it had to be done; she noticed Hunter trying to go and attack the production tent.

She immediately stopped him. She may have not been at all close with him, but doing something implusive like Hunter was doing could cause severe damage. He didn't care for the warning though, and moved on; telling them to be safe, just in case.

Lake remembered James' kept an extra phone at his bunk, which Riya silghtly questioned how she knew this, but that was the least of the worries. No signal was in sight, which worried her moreso. Then, the "night butcher", came, attacked her, even with the swift thinking Riya was able to do. In her "last moments", she thought about her family, her acting wishes, her dream....what if it was all different?  She was soon unconcious...

Waking up by Rosa allowed her to realize it was all a fake, which let her be very relieved. But also - the reveal of the return of Karol made her more confused then anything else. She never chatted with Karol; never had the chance, realistically. In any case, with Ally and Hunter gaining immunity (which, silghtly annoyed her), caused her to have to change her targets in her mind.

The girls of course, had a chat, and they decided to vote on James, for his old attitude, and also because he could serve as a bigger threat compared to Aiden. Coupled with the fact Lake and Aiden were decently close friends, which she had learned in that talk with them..

After, she had to head to the bathroom, fixing up her hair before she left - Ally had came up to her, with something Riya didn't expect. Riya expected something about where Hunter was, maybe some other favor; not the vote though...

Ally
Oh, hey Riya! I've been looking for you!

Riya
Me...? What's going on-?

Ally
I'd like to talk to you about tonights vote, actually!

Riya
Oh.....okay, who would it be?

Ally
Lake. Lake has been doing great in the physical challenges; I mean, in the past two, she's almost won both! She's become sort of a powerhouse when it comes to that, and she could continue becoming a bigger threat come the future of the game.

Riya
All true...but do you think there's enough votes to vote her off?

Ally
I'm pretty sure there is.

Riya
Alrighty....I'll think about it. Thanks for informing me..

Ally
Anytime, Riya!

Riya, in that moment, didn't know what to think, or to do..her confessional summarized her thoughts though, perfectly.

Riya - Confessional
Well....if what Ally said remains true, Lake could be heading home tonight...I could tell Rosa to save Lake with the totem..but...
With how close Lake and Rosa are, with how she's willing to tell Lake more than me it seems, with Lake's physical and social abilities being a threat, with my own insecurities eating me up....is that....is that really what I want?

Heading to elimination, Riya was thinking whether she should tell Rosa, or not....continued to think about it. It all came to a head, though, when Nina asked if anyone wanted to use the totem...Riya, had decided to...not tell Rosa anything.

The elimination went on without a hitch, though Riya was confused and worried at the one vote against her. She hadn't had anything to worry about regarding that though, as Lake was confirmed to be voted out in the following few seconds...

Riya immediately felt a wave of pure guilt. She had just let Lake, a "friend" of hers go....just so she could keep Rosa close to her....but, even with that guilt, she didn't really regret the move. Why she didn't would be explained in a coming confessional..

She walked Lake out, along with Rosa. Rosa and Lake had an emotional talk and hug, with Lake quickly inviting Riya in, showing she did view Riya as a good friend; Riya, while in the hug, looked away in pure guilt...Lake eventually went onto the bus, with Riya waving to the bus itself.

Riya - Confessional
I had the opportunity, the opportunity to tell Rosa about Lake having a high chance of going home...however, ever since Lake has come back to Rosa, they've been closer then ever; in fact, Rosa not telling me about the totem till Lake was here is a pure example! Say I did stick with them till the very end, they would probably team up against me. I didn't come here to get third place; I came here to get first.

I do feel very guilty for what I've done....but it had to happen, for my own safety. As I said a few days ago, ever since Connor left - I would have to start playing the game. And here I am, doing it....but, changing this all to look at the bright side - at least Rosa is still here! Also, we still have the totem, which will probably prove to be very useful...

Rosa was still very sad about Lake's departure, with Riya trying to comfort her a bit, before heading to sleep in her bunk..