Episode 2 ~ Open Your Eyes

Riya had awoken, getting ready in for the challenge, and the day ahead of her; she had looked down, seeing the picture of her family she had brought. A small smile appeared amongst her face; she hugged it, placed it back, and in that moment, Kristal called on the mega-speaker for everyone to be heading to the challenge.

The awakening challenge, to her, wouldn't seem too hard. She had been forced to pull a few all-nighters in the past for a few movies for extra roles, so she thought that could be of use here. She decided to sit by the man whom had come up asking for the social media, Connor; as what was the worst that could occur from it?

She had been having a bit of casual conversation with him, nothing much of importance, or "relatability" to her though. It was cool to chat with someone, in her mind, though. The most eventful thing began once Yul had come, to which he immediately tried to cause drama between, which she rejected as soon as it came. 

"Don't look at me...I would very like to be excluded from this narrative...

She knew, she knew that if she caused trouble with any, it could ruin her chances at this opportunity; and she couldn't have that. Though, she decided to explain this more, in her confessional:

Riya - Confessional  
It's very clear; Yul behaves and exaggerates like a spoiled child. But....I can't, I can't interfere. I can't get on the bad side of anybody, nor get in trouble with any of them.....I'm grateful for life for this opportunity. I won't let anything ruin it; or anyone; and make no mistake.....I'll do what it takes..

Riya had been sitting with Connor in a bit more silence. Though, she wanted to start at least, a small conversation, to save the awkwardness. Plus, she was impressed somewhat with the stopping of the drama he had just done.

Riya 
Good thing you stopped the argument between Kai and Yul...sometimes in the acting scene, others are needed to calm the beef between other actors and actresses. It is not easy, from what I've seen! (She chuckles). 

Connor 
Yea...I guess....

Riya
Are you okay?

Riya had an instinct: to help any around, and to make sure they are alright. This was something she had done back in India with others; she saw a bit of that home in Connor, which, was honestly the most "at-home" she had felt in months, maybe even years time..

Connor
I don't want to bother you, with my problems in the silghtest..

Riya
You can trust me; I'm the kind to love to listen. (She smiles brightly)

She listened through Connor's problems, and realized - he was quite similar to her. Which, is something she hadn't felt for years...no one got her on any level. It felt like an unknown territory ever since she had arrived - this included the people. It was why she was more lonely, and why she was partly scared to start many conversations...

Riya
I understand...I understand how you feel. I've lived in India my entire life, trying to get my acting career to get off the ground...then I moved to the United States about 3 years ago, and man....it feels like I'm on another planet; it doesn't feel like "home" per say; I don't really get along with the others ethier..

Connor
Woah...you dealt with all of this, how?

Riya
By being the real me. Because pretending to be someone else, won't let anybody ever get to know the real you. And no one will ever truly know you; it'll just all be an image. I guess you could say I embrace myself? Haha.

Connor
Oh..? Pretending to be someone...else...? If you'll excuse me, I'd like to go off alone..

Riya
Absolutely! Cya later!

She was completely fine with Connor heading off, mainly because she did the same sometimes. It was nice to think in pure silence, pure bliss. However, it's not like insecurities didn't eat her up on the inside. "You said something wrong..." "You messed up...", and much more on the constant. However, she ignored that for once in her life, and focused all of her energy on staying awake. She had forgotten how hard it was to pull the all-nighters for her extra roles, and her eyes continued to become heavier by the second..

Connor came back very soon though. Riya and him began to continue to have a nice conversation, chat; however you word it. It distracted them from the sleep, but soon, it weighted hard down on them...

Riya was doing much better than Connor; but that wasn't saying too much. Both had decently heavy eyes, that would fall at any point. Connor had the confidence to ask Hunter and Ally if they could continue, and once they agreed to do so, they soon fell asleep afterwards. Riya tried her best to keep her eyes awake; every trick in the book. But alas, her eyelids finally closed... 

By the time she awoke, she had heard Kristal saying that her team, the Green Team, had won it all. She celebrated, and was quite happy at the discovery. Not only that, she had finally met somebody...she might have been able to call a friend.

She didn't do much the rest of the evening; she relaxed, completely forgetting about the game at hand; just enjoying the beauty of the island they were on. She had a bit of a chat with Connor, mainly about her finance issues (somehow the topic switched to that?), right before she went into her bunk, and slowly fell asleep to the gorgeous, starry night sky out of the window, allowing the day to come to a close..