Post-watch review- Ruby Gilligan: Teenage Kraken

Alright, let's get started. With the positives!

I LIVE for Ruby's design. She has NO bones, apparently, and I now strive to be her. ANYWAY-

I LOVE her best friends! I couldn't hear the movie well due to not having subtitles and it being on the TV, so I couldn't properly get their names, but I saw that, in the credits, their names are Margot, Bliss (which is ironic), and Trevin. Guess which one I like most.

Margot, actually! But Trevin is a close second, yes. MARGOT IS SO FUN, and I LIVE for her energy. Also, EEEEK! I know what you are...😏😏😏

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

ANYWAYS-

Bliss is funny because her name is ironic. She's always catastrophizing (though, in my opinion, that's just being pessimistic) when her name is Bliss, which means things like joy and happiness. Haha.

Anyways, Sam is the COOLEST LITTLE BROTHER EVER. Like, WHERE WAS THIS KID TO PROTECT ME DURING DODGEBALL?!?!?!

The concept of becoming a kraken, and the design of the kraken is SO PRETTY. I want to be one!

Okay, is Ruby listening? No? Good.

CONNOR DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A CONNOR. And, let's be honest...he isn't even that attractive. (Dramatic stock gasps)

Yes, I said it. He's not even that cute! Frickin' Trevin looks better. SHUT UP, DON'T CALL ME OUT ON THAT-

Anyways, what I said about Connor not looking like a Connor is true. Let's talk about that.

By any other standard, I guess??? he would be a Connor, but that hair. That HAIR. HE LOOKS LIKE A FRICKIN JACE, BRO. Tell me I'm wrong.

And, a great thing about this movie is that most of the cast is unknown. BRAND new! This is great, because I'd rather a movie hire people who sound like the characters rather than famous actors that could sound nothing like intended. It's not always about big-name actors, y'know?

Anyways, onto the negatives.

There's more negatives than positives. Sorry, Ruby Gillman stans!

The reason I say that is because I thought that this was going to be a COMPLETELY new concept! And you know what? I HAVE to say it.

This movie is.......

EXACTLY LIKE LUCA AND TURNING RED.

They just joined those two movies and added a few more things to differentiate. I mean, the plot and world-building is entirely different, but the concept and the delivery of it all is pretty much the same as to Luca and Turning Red. Mayyyyybe if this move came out before the other two, it would have been new? Nah, but it wouldn't have worked before! So, I guess they made this movie three years too late.

Also, I LOVE Ruby, but sometimes, she was so awkward that it was kind of annoying. Like, just go on to the next scene without giving me second-hand embarrassment, please?

Oh no. What if...

WHAT IF THAT'S WHAT I'LL BE LIKE WHEN I'M HER AGE?!?!

Anyways, this is a pretty good movie. I give it a 6.5/10 rating. It's a movie that I would watch on occasion, if there was nothing else to watch. Anyways, thanks for reading my reviews! Have a great rest of your day/night!