Chapter 5: Cindy

After last night, I went to sleep early knowing I'd have to wake up at dawn this morning. My first action after getting up was working on my outfit for the day, after all I had to look stunning.
I ended up settling on wearing black pants, a black shirt, and a beige cardigan hoping it's an appropriate fit for a first impression at McLaren today.

     Once I finished preparing for my day, I walked out of my hotel and went down the street to the coffee shop. I needed some caffeine to get my day going, and I only had an hour till I needed to be at the circuit where I'd be introduced to Zak Brown, which was an insanely big deal. Therefore, I really needed this coffee line to move faster.

While I was waiting in line to order a got a text from Lando?! How does he have my number I wondered, but I brushed it off.

      "Hey Bria it's Lando, I figured I'd ask if you want another ride today since your brother isn't going to the paddock this morning?"
I mean a ride doesn't sound bad, plus yesterday's was pretty fun, some karaoke to get my day started is never bad. "Sure, I'd really appreciate it I'm at the cafe down the street form the hotel thanks"
      So I bought two cups, one for me and one for my new "boss" to show my appreciation for the ride.

    Once he got here I got in and handed him his coffee, "Here I figured you could use this, I mean who wants to be up this early anyways"
    "Thanks" "ofc" I noticed he started fidgeting with one of his bracelets,
"Are you excited for your first day at work"
"Ya, I mean I don't really know what to expect"
"Well everyone at McLaren is welcoming, I think you'll like it there" "I hope so" and then we went dead silent again, here comes the radio to the rescue once more with an other song to sing along to, this time it was Smooth operator. Lando and I both started singing along , I took some time admiring him he, looks pretty when he's singing, even if it's not his best talent to say the least.

Once we got to McLaren's paddock, Lando left me to go do his thing, while I was introduced to Cindy, a girl who helps manage Oscar's socials. She spent half the day talking about what McLaren expects me to post and what not, then she said the second half of my day I'll need to shoot content. Before she left me to do her thing, she told me Zak was busy so he apologizes for not being able to see me. I guess that will be one less stressful thing in my day.

At lunch time, I went to the cantina and sat down at a table, pulling out my laptop so I can start editing some content of stuff they'd already shot. My day seemed to go by fast. At 4 I clocked out and went to go see Kelly at Red Bull looking to chit chat about today, only to my surprise she wasn't there, Max was however.

Max stoped me with the Pr manager and told me that we never ended up recording any content for Red Bull to post, so we'd need to schedule a time to do that. I went with manager and talked it out, we agreed on doing it at the Japanese Grand Prix this upcoming week. Only our options of what we could do were now limited due to my injury.

At this point it was probably 4:30, so I went to Lando's drivers room In hopes of finding him to shoot some content if we could so I can get an early start for the days I'd miss due to the RB thing. However, when I opened the door I walked in on him changing his shirt. " oh hey Bri there you are I was about to text you I'm gonna head back to the hotel soon, you want a ride?" I tried not to make eye contact with him, I looked at the wall, the floor, the ceiling, but I couldn't help doing a quick up and down checking him out.
"Ya I'd love a ride back thanks"
"Just give me a few minutes and we'll go, you can just wait for me here if you want" "sounds good"

And just like that Lando was gone and I was left alone in here, alone with my thoughts and oh boy I wish I wasn't, I spent a few minutes gaslighting myself into thinking seeing Lando shirtless wasn't hot, but who am I kidding it was.
God I hate this, I can't be thinking of Lando like that.

He came back a few minutes later, exactly like he said , and we were off . The car ride home was better than this morning we talked a lot more, he even asked me about my day. That's also when he told me that the McLaren crew was heading out for Japan tomorrow, apparently they'd sent out an email but I hadn't read it.

Grateful for the information Lando provided me with, when I got to the hotel I started packing my bags frantically since my plane ticket is for tomorrow morning at 5:30! I swear these people love waking up early which is so not my case.

Once I finished packing I picked up my phone and started to text my coach since now was as good of a time as any to fill them in on what's going on. I sent coach a text message since I was scared to hear their tone and disappointment over an actual call and left it at that. Not to mention I'd have to wait till tomorrow to see what she'd say because of the huge time difference from here to Australia, so I could at least go to sleep peacefully for now knowing they haven't seen my text yet.

And with that I set my phones alarm for 3 and tried my best to go to sleep.