Chapter 9: RedBull

I answered the call and said hellos scared of what I'd hear next. "Bria great to finally talk to you, I understand you've got yourself in F1 now." "Ya it's been nice" "That's good but where does that put you on our team?" "Well I'll be doing physical therapy whenever I'm traveling with F1, so in three months I should be back participating if that's fine with you guys?" "Of course that fine we just don't want you to lose any of that talent you have so much of, you have a good future ahead of you kid. Don't let anything or anyone get you sidetracked from it." "I promise I won't" "I hope so, anyways I'll talk more with you later, I gotta get going bye kiddo." As soon as I hung up I rushed over to the Cafeteria for breakfast.

Lando and I got our food and sat down to eat ,he had a plain poached egg on toast. I could never be an F1 driver with all their dietary restrictions. "So what's your plan for today?" He asked, "I'll probably head over to Red Bull in a few hours and film some content for them". "So when do you plan on taking pictures of me for my socials" "I don't know I'll figure it out" "how about you come to the garage tomorrow during qualifying to take pics?" "Sounds good" we finished up our food and went our separate ways.

I went to the McLaren paddock just to leave my stuff there by Cindy, who I've slowly started to become friends with, then headed to the Red Bull paddock. Once I got to RB my brother and Max told me that we're gonna go karting and then Im supposed to teach them how to do a basic dive. They said that Red Bull wants to promote both sports and they figured this was the best way to do so.

We went to the karting  track first where my brother and Max explained how everything worked, since I was always too scared to kart before believe it or not. Red Bull's media team started recording us as we did a few laps around the track, which I managed to crash several times. My brother and Max started laughing at me at this point, since I was struggling, it's ok though cuz when we get to my turf they'll be doing bellyflops, and I'll be the one laughing.

   After that stunt we went to an indoor diving facility, and because of my shoulder dislocation, I still couldn't dive, but I did my best explaining how to do a simple forward dive. Their attempts were mediocre at best, everyone was laughing, because they chickened out on a few, or flopped, I think at some point they just gave up. The media crew was even cracking jokes on their form.

After the activities were all over we went back to the Red Bull Paddock, wearing Red Bull racing shirts of course, and got interviewed about today and what our thoughts were. My brother was the first to speak and said "I'm just concerned as to how my sister was allowed a drivers license after today, I think it's safe to say I'm the best driver in the family." I had to rebuttal " Hey I might not be the best at karting but at least I can park perfectly, plus did you see your dives, someone could hear your splash from a mile away." Then Max broke into laughter " your sister is definitely right on that one your bud, your very far from graceful when you dive" "Did you see yourself mate, it's a good thing you make your money driving or you'd be doomed at sports" they let out a slight chuckle.

Once the interview was finished, we were getting ready to go and I was talking to Max when we heard a phone chime. My brother said someone had texted me, when I asked him who it was he said it was Lando. I went to look at the text Lando had sent, he said he's waiting for me in his drivers room, saying he'll give me a ride back to the hotel.

My brother looked at me irritated "you and Lando seem to be getting close don't you think?"
"I mean ya but I work with him now after all" he looked like he wasn't buying that answer, but what I said wasn't a lie, technically nothing is going on between us. Before my brother left the paddock he asked me if I wanted a ride, " oh no that's fine thanks though" he looked at me for a bit and was about to say something but changed his mind "alright see  you tomorrow Bri"

I went to Lando's driver's room making sure to knock before I enter, so I don't stumble into him changing like last time. He was talking to Carlos when I walked in "hey Carlos" "Bri nice seeing you again, I was just about to leave" Carlos gave Lando a smirk and walked out, I wonder what that was all about. "Sorry about that Bri, Carlos stopped me to talk about going golfing, you ready to go?" "Ya I'm ready" we walked out of the paddock, I made sure to say bye to Cindy before I left, and went to his car.

" How'd your day at Red Bull go, I see you wearing their shirt, and there's word going around that Daniel and Max left with wet hair, what did y'all do?" He asked me while driving "It was a lot of fun I wish you could've been there to see it, ..." I told him about everything we did that day making sure to throw the guys under the bus, by saying how bad they were at diving.

Once we got back to the hotel I even showed Lando a clip of their diving fails, since I managed to secretly record them. Lando and I started laughing hysterically. I sent the clip to my mom so she too could have a laugh and went on about my night.

When I laid down in bed to go to sleep, all I could think about was how good of a day today was, I completely forgot about the club incident, and went to sleep peacefully. Hoping qualifying tomorrow would go just as great. And for once Lando wasn't creeping in on my thoughts.