Chapter 25: The Present

"You're funny Eric, great joke" "Bri I'm not kidding" "Eric, why, why'd you have to say that" "You asked me!" "I know but you can't be serious, we've done this before. We were a thing, you saw how that turned out." "Bri that was years ago, we were still young" "are you saying we're old now?" "No, I'm saying we've both grown up since then"
"How would this be a good idea Eric, how?, what's changed, I don't want something to end the way it did last time. You're not thinking straight"

"Bria, I'm thinking just fine, we've both established a solid career now, you're a better athlete than me at this point, any meet I'd go to you'd be there too. I have feelings for you, spending time with you only made me realize how much I still wanted you. Bri you can't say you moved on entirely either, there's no way you don't feel the slightest bit towards me. It doesn't have to end like last time. We can give it a shot, give us a chance Bri"

"Eric... I... I don't know what to say" "Don't say anything now then" we were staring into each other's eyes, and he slowly moved closer to me. "What about Lando, I broke up with him like two weeks ago, because of you too" "What about it Bri?" "I don't know Eric. I just..." "Didn't you literally say you only partly broke up because of me anyways?"  at this point he stood towering over me looking down with his piercing deep blue eyes "What Bri, give me one good reason" then he leaned in further and kissed me.

"Bri I'm not saying date me, I'm just saying consider your options, I don't want to rush into some relationship. Taking things slow is an amazing option, think about it at least" "Eric what do you think you have just gotten me into!" "You got yourself into this mess Brie Cheese" "is that what you're gonna call me from now on?" "Idk we'll see"

I love that Eric wasn't trying to rush into anything, and that he tried to lighten the mood here and there. However, Lando kept on creeping  up on my mind, we only ended our relationship a few weeks ago. What would he think if he saw a new headline saying we were dating, then he'd definitely think I lied. I know I shouldn't care about Lando and what he thinks, but I still care. I hate myself for caring, I really do, I don't want to, but he still has a hold over me. I miss him as much as I try not to admit, our relationship didn't last long, but it hit hard.

Snapping back into reality, I sat back down on the floor by Eric, and laid my head on his thigh, laying down on the floor. Zoning out entirely, I tried to get comfy enough on the floor so I could take a nap, that's when I felt him lay his jacket over me. Falling asleep, I woke up to the sound of music, Eric had been playing with my hair the entire time I slept. We both rushed to sit up and started banging on the door hoping someone would hear. Eric started screaming trying to be heard by whoever was out there, I was leaning against the door then I almost fell over, because someone was opening it.

"You kids ok?, how long where y'all stuck in there for?" "Too long! I'm so happy you opened the door" We walked out and saw a whole bunch of  old people getting ready to swim. "I thought the next class was learn to swim in here?" "No, we have water sports for our old folks, they have their own Olympic games in Australia you know" "Oh that's uh interesting" Eric and I swiftly walked past and rushed to our locker rooms to grab our stuff, we walked out together, trying not to laugh. I gotta admit the old people weren't bad at their sport, I admired their dedication.

Feeling relaxed, I walked into my brother's car and started my drive back. I wasn't thinking about my situation with Eric, because I didn't need to, we had all the time in the world, I wasn't planning on rushing into an other relationship. Plus I don't know how I feel about him just the other day I was saying I could never love him like that again and that we grew up since then yet now I'm left here to reconsider. What if that kiss with him sparked what I forgot we had?

When I got home I FaceTimed my brother, Kelly, Max, and Lily forming a new gc that I'd name "My Girlypops" so I can catch everyone up on all the tea at once.

We started our call and I debriefed my whole day, let's just say people were starting to choose sides, by that I mean team Eric or team Lando. I feel like Lando shouldn't be an option but they told me I shouldn't feel so sure about that.